MOTU 24Ao USB Interface
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
The MOTU 24Ai is a tripartite unit that can serve as an audio interface, standalone mixer, or digital-to-analog converter. The interface boasts 24 balanced audio outputs with three banks of ADAT optical digital I/O—totaling in at a whopping 72 channels in a single rack space!
The 24Ai’s USB 2.0 connection is both iOS and USB 3.0 compatible, and an impressive DSP that affords console-style mixing consisting of 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, 32-bit floating point processing with host of powerful and useful effects like vintage compression, modeled analog EQ and more. The analog connection also offers both Phoenix and D-sub connectors.
Since the unit features a broad routing grid, users can freely patch ins to outs, with the ability to split inputs to multiple places. Additionally, users can download a web app in order to conveniently control the 24Ai from an iPad, tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
The unit is expandable with any MOTU AVB interface—such as a 24Ai, 1248, 16A, or 8M—via Ethernet cable. Users can also purchase the MOTU AVB Switch for even more I/Os.
- Analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
- 72 simultaneous audio channels
- 24 high-quality, balanced analog outputs on three banks of multi-channel connectors (DB-25 D-sub and Phoenix), plus three banks of 8-channel ADAT optical for 24 inputs and 48 outputs.
- Connects to a computer with audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS).
- Discovery app and web app software works with any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects
- Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (24Ai, 1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting
- Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app controlControl on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control
- Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 24Ao with a standard Ethernet cable and control the 24Ao's powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- 24Ai analog inputs: 24 channels (balanced/unbalanced) 3x DB-25 D-sub and 6x 12-pin Phoenix, Max level: +24 dBu (digitally adjustable -96 to +22)
- 24Ao analog outputs: 24 channels (balanced, DC coupled) 3x DB-25 D-sub and 6x 12-pin Phoenix, Max level: +20 dBu (digitally adjustable -24 to 0 dB)
- Digital I/O: 3 banks (24 ch) of ADAT optical at 1x sample rates, 3 banks (12 ch) of SMUX optical at 2x sample rates
- Total I/O: 24 analog + 48 digital (72 total) at 1x rates, 24 analog + 24 digital (48 total) at 2x rates, 24 analog + 0 digital (24 total) at 4x rates
- Computer I/O: 1 x USB 2.0 audio class compliant, USB 3.0 and iOS compatible
- Sync I/O: 1 x word clock in, 1 x word clock out
- Front panel: 5 x switches • menu navigation, 324 x 24 pixel LCD for level meters / menu nav, 1 x AC power switch
- Power International 100-240V autoswitching supply 50-60 Hz • 0.5A max
- Mac System Requirements: 1 GHz Intel-based Mac or faster, 2 GB RAM; 4 GB or more recommended, Mac OS X version 10.8 or later, Available high-speed USB 2.0 port, A large hard drive (at least 500 GB for recording),
- Windows System Requirements** Windows support is coming soon…: 1 GHz Pentium-based PC compatible or faster, 2 GB RAM; 4 GB or more recommended, Windows 8 or later, Available high-speed USB 2.0 port, A large hard drive (at least 500 GB for recording),
- Web App Support: Any web client platform: Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android
- Any web browser: Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Explorer, etc.
- Web client must be connected to the same network as the MOTU AVB interface by wire or Wi-Fi.
- Included Software: MOTU AVB Discovery App for iOS (available from Apple App Store), MOTU AVB Control web app (served from the hardware itself), AudioDesk 4.0 (available as a separate download)Operating Systems: For computer audio I/O: Mac OS X 10.8 or later; Windows 8 or later*, For web app control: Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android