MOTU24Ai USB Interface
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The MOTU 24Ai is a tripartite unit that can serve as an audio interface, standalone mixer, or analog-to-digital converter. The interface boasts 24 balanced audio outputs with three banks of ADAT optical digital I/O—totaling in at a whopping 72 channels in a single rack space!
The 24Ai’s USB 2.0 connection is both iOS and USB 3.0 compatible, and an impressive DSP that affords console-style mixing consisting of 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, 32-bit floating point processing with host of powerful and useful effects like vintage compression, modeled analog EQ and more. The analog connection also offers both Phoenix and D-sub connectors.
Since the unit features a broad routing grid, users can freely patch ins to outs, with the ability to split inputs to multiple places. Additionally, users can download a web app in order to conveniently control the 24Ai from an iPad, tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
The unit is expandable with any MOTU AVB interface—such a 24Ao, 1248, 16A, or 8M—via Ethernet cable. Users can also purchase the MOTU AVB Switch for even more I/Os.
- Analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
- 72 simultaneous audio channels
- 24 high-quality, balanced analog outputs on three banks of multi-channel connectors (DB-25 D-sub and Phoenix), plus three banks of 8-channel ADAT optical for 24 inputs and 48 outputs.
- Connects to a computer with audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS).
- Discovery app and web app software works with any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects
- Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (24Ai, 1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting
- Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control: Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control
- Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 24Ao with a standard Ethernet cable and control the 24Ao's powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.