MOTU 1248 48 CH Thunderbolt
In addition to a plethora of features to vast to list in this succinct description, the MOTU 1248 gives users enough I/O’s for a formidable studio. The interface provides a total of 32 inputs and 34 outputs, including four mic inputs, two hi-Z guitar inputs, 8x12 balanced analog with independent main and monitor outputs, two 8-channel ADAT optical, and RCA/SPDIF. If all this wasn’t enough, the interface boasts minimal latency unmatched by other products in a similar price range.
The 1248 makes excellent use of its Thunderbolt connectivity. Using the connection, users have access to 256 channels of computer I/O (that’s 128 each way). These channels can be used for a variety of applications, including routing audio to the 1248’s inputs and outputs, as well as the interface’s internal 48-channel mixer and audio network streams.
The internal mixer derives its signals from pretty much anywhere: the 1248’s audio inputs, software audio channels, audio network streams, or mixer outputs. In addition to extremely flexible I/O options, the mixer contains seven stereo aux busses, three groups, a single reverb bus that serves as a fourth group if necessary, a main mix bus, and a monitor bus that doubles as a solo bus.
1248 48 CH Thunderbolt Features
- Balanced TRS analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
- 66 simultaneous audio channels
- 4 mic inputs
- 2 guitar inputs
- 8 x 12 balanced analog with dedicated main and monitor outs
- 2 x8-channel ADAT optical, RCA S/PDIF (with SRC)
- Two independent phone outs for 32 inputs and 34 outputs.Universal connectivity:
- Connects to your computer with Thunderbolt or high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0).
- Class-compliant firmware and Industry standard drivers work with any audio software.
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects
- Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles
- Digital mixer features 12 stereo busses and DSP effects including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- 32-bit floating point processing
- The 1248's mixing and effects DSP engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost insound quality.
- Modeled vintage effects processing: Classic reverb.Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor.
- EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- System expansion and audio networking: Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU
- interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers
- Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network
- Flexible matrix-style audio routing and splitting for any analog or digital input
- Computer channel or network stream to any other output, computer, or network device.
- Split any single input to unlimited multiple output destinations.
- 256 channels of network audio I/O for your host computer
- Record and monitor up to 128 networked audio channels in and out,simultaneously, through the Thunderbolt connection to a host computer.
- Web app control: Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fito your local area network.
- Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 1248 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the 1248's powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer.
- Great for live sound mixing.
- ADAT digital I/O: Connect outboard digital processors,digital mixers or other gear. 16 channels at 44.1/48 kHz or 8 channels at88.2/96 kHz.
- The large backlit 324 x 24 LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digitalI/O.
- Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.