- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Modor Noisy Oscillator
The Modor Noisy Oscillator is a complex oscillation module, perfect for daring soundscapes as well as gentle and subtler melodies. The Oscillator derives its voice architecture through two layers of waveforms. The first is a classical "Regular" wave that can be selected from sawtooth, square, and triangle. The second is referred to as a "Tonal Noisy" wave. These two tones are layered on top of each other to create dense textures of sound.
The noisy wave section can be tuned to unison or up to two octaves higher than your regular wave. The noisy wave offers multiple modes of operation, including Sonar (white noise filtered by a resonant bandpass filter), wind noise (white noise passed through a comb filter), and arcade noise (a SID/Commodore 64-style LFSR noise source). Each of these "noisy" modes can be altered via the module's mod control function.
The Noisy Oscillator also features CV inputs for V/Oct, FM, MOD, and Level control for each voice. This means that the oscillator is capable of duophony as well, turning it into a powerful source of drones, harmonies, or outright chaos.
Noisy Oscillator Features
- 2 sound sources for complex oscillation
- CV inputs doubled for both voices, allowing duophonic operation
- Standard oscillator with saw, square, and triangle waveshapes
- Noisy oscillator with three modes of operation
- Sonar Noise mode: white noise filtered by a 1V/Oct resonant bandpass filter with CV control of resonance
- Wind Noise: white noise passed through a comb filter with 1V/Oct delay time tracking wit ha 6dB/Oct hipass filter
- Arcade Noise: LFSR noise a la C-64/Sega, with 6dB/Oct hipass filter
- Eurorack module
- Width: 22hp
- Depth: 12mm
- Current draw: 130mA @ +12V, 30mA @ -12V