Modal Electronics CRAFTsynth 2.0 Monosynth
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Modal Electronics CRAFTsynth 2.0
Modal's CRAFTsynth 2.0 employs concepts first seen in its predecessor, but provides an improved enclosure, expanded I/O, and far more flexible synthesis options than the original could possibly approach. A monophonic wavetable synthesizer with eight oscillators per voice, the CRAFTsynth 2.0 is leagues ahead of its older sibling, as well as everything else in its price range.
CRAFTsynth 2.0 provides eight oscillators and a selection of 40 morphable waveshapes, providing a huge wealth of sonic options at its very core. The oscillators can be processed and cross-modulated using one of sixteen "oscillator modifiers," ranging from classic effects like FM and Sync all the way to more extreme ring mod, wavefolding, and bitcrushing effects. This combined with the option for spread/detuning of the eight oscillators means a huge range of tones from dreamy leads to chaotic swarms, edgy basslines, and more. The oscillators pass through a resonant filter that can morph continuously between lowpass, bandpass, and highpass states.
The filter, amplifier, and modulation all offer dedicated envelopes for dynamic control. Two LFOs extend into audio range, and an eight-slot modulation matrix provides the potential for even more complex and nuanced sonic interactions. To round it all out, a dedicated delay and distortion section adds end-of chain effects.
An eight-key keyboard with assignable scales acts as the primary playing interface, while a sequenced arpeggiator provides easy means of creating cascading sonic animations. And of course, MIDI in and out make it possible to use the CRAFTsynth with an external controller—or it could be used as a controller for any other MIDI-capable gear.
Providing an absurdly powerful synth for the price, the Modal CRAFTsynth is perhaps the most powerful synthesizer available in its price range.
CRAFTsynth 2.0 Features
- Compact monophonic wavetable synthesizer
- Eight oscillators with two selectable waveforms and mixer
- 40 unique waveshapes available
- Choose one of 16 oscillator modifiers ranging from FM, Sync, Ring Mod, Bitcrushing, Wavefolding, and more
- Three envelope generators: Filter, Amp, and Modulation
- Two LFOs (both of which extend into audio range)
- 8-slot modulation matrix
- Built-in sequenced arpeggiator
- 2-pole resonant morphing filter
- Delay and distortion effects built in
- 8-key keyboard with scale selection
- Analog clock I/O and MIDI DIN I/O
- MIDI: In & Out via DIN
- Sync: In/Out via 3.5mm jacks
- Line out: 3.5mm
- Headphones: 3.5mm
- Power: via USB or 3x AAA batteries (not included)
- Dimensions: 150 x 135 x 68mm