MIDI SolutionsPedal Controller
MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller
The MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller can be used in tandem with an expression pedal—like the Yamaha FC7 or Roland EV-5—at its input. The pedal emits continuous MIDI data that corresponds with the expression pedal’s position (or that of any connected potentiometer). Users can insert it anywhere in the MIDI data stream in order to send continuous controller information to any compatible device.
Not content to handle a single task, the unit can also be configured to send pitch bend, aftertouch, control change, and SysEx messages. There’s also a MIDI Echo parameter than can be turned on or off.
The Pedal Controller is capable of extremely accurate processing, eliminating problems caused by miniscule fluctuations. Conversely, small changes to the pedal position cause small value changes that tell the device to send updates (even if the position has only changed by a single value). Additionally, users can add variable curvature to the pedal’s response, enabling compatibility with pedals that have nonlinear responses, as well as affording the ability to impart a greater response at one end as opposed to the other.
Pedal Controller Features
- Convert an expression pedal to a continuous MIDI controller
- Merges incoming MIDI messages with the messages it's generating
- Ideal for combining two control sources (MIDI and exp. pedal) into a single MIDI cable
- Built tough for reliable live use
- Send a System Exclusive message with a single variable byte, to control sounds in non-traditional ways
- Weight: 4.1 oz.
- Dimensions: 4-3/16" x 2-3/16" x 1-3/32"