ManleyReference Silver Microphone Tube Microphone
- 10% OFF
Manley Reference Silver Microphone
Adding the vintage sonic flair of the 1950s to modern recording, Manley's Reference Silver is a dual-pattern microphone with a warm, classic tone resembling that of a ribbon microphone. The Reference Silver roots itself in the sought-after Sony C-37a—a classic and highly rare microphone—by not only capturing the sonic qualities, but also recreating its famed C-3 style capsule. The stunning gold-plated diaphragm is not only positioned for capturing vocalists and center-focused sources, but also can capture rooms and circles of sound thanks to the mechanical switching on the rear for changing from cardioid to omni patterning.
The signal's pure warm sound can also be thanks to the classic and powerful sound of Manleys tube signal path. Heading first through a FET, the Reference Silver utilizes a 5670 vacuum tube powered by Manley's stunning Manley POWER via an included power supply, providing only the most quality of voltage. The final signal exits out a fantastic, tried-and-true Manley IRON coupled transformer for the cleanest and exact representation pulled from the Reference Silver. The full tonal characteristics find the Reference Silver complimenting a wealth of sources from vocalists to horn sections to drum overheads, never sounding boxy or sibilant.
For those looking for a more vintage sound to add to their mic-locker without searching far and wide, the Reference Silver brings Manley's brawny and impactful sound to a more mellow yet intimate experience.
Reference Silver Microphone Features
- Dual-pattern tube microphone
- Inspired by the sound of a 1950s Sony C-37a
- Recreates the same C-3 capsule used in the C-37a
- Cardioid or omni polar pattern via mechanical selector
- Warm tonal palette resembling a ribbon microphone
- FET-driven Dual triode design utilizing 5670 tube with Manley IRON coupled transformer output
- Engageable 1-pole high pass filter @ 55Hz
- Powered by stringently filtered and regulated voltages from the includes Manley POWER PSU
- Output Impedance: 30 Ohms
- High Pass Filter Switch -3dB @ 55Hz 6dB/8va
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10Hz-30kHz, AMP to 60kHz
- MAXIMUM INPUT SPL: 150 dB SPL at Capsule
- SENSITIVITY: 7mV/Pa
- AMPLIFIER TYPE: 2 Triode Gain Block Lo Z Output
- OUTPUT POLARITY: Balanced XLR, Pin 2 Hot, Pin 3 Low
- AMPLIFIER DISTORTION: Less Than 0.05 % THD+N BW 22-22 kHz (1kOhm Load, 1kHz -40dBV Output)
- AMPLIFIER NOISE: Typically -108 dBV "A Weighted"
- BODY: Etched Silver Anodized Aluminum
- Mic Weight: 1.5 lbs
- PSU Weight: 2.35 lbs
- Mic Size: 2" x 9.7" x 4.5" (including suspension)
- PSU Size: 5" x 3.3" x 9.3" (including handle)
- PSU: 90V ~ 250VAC Universal Voltage Operation 50Hz-60Hz
- Power Consumption: 8 Watts
- PSU Mains Fuse: 5mm X 20 mm, 2A @ 250V, CERAMIC, Slo-Blo