Low-Gain ElectronicsUTL-1A Passive Format Converter + Attenuator Box
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Low-Gain Electronics UTL-1A
Built like a tank out of die-cast aluminium, the UTL-1A banana/3.5mm format jumbler from Low-Gain is an ideal tool for converting signals between your Eurorack and Buchla, Serge, or Ciat-Lonbarde gear. UTL-1A is a seven-channel format converter—five of the channels are unidirectional, with both 3.5mm and banana jack inputs and outputs with an attenuator in-between. Perfect for taming the mismatched signal levels of Buchla, Serge, Ciat-Lonbarde, Eurorack, and other synth formats, this adds an immense amount of control to connections between your systems. UTL-1A features two additional bidirectional 3.5mm-banana adapters as well, great for signals that don't necessarily require attenuation.
While UTL-1A is perfect for cross communication between different types of modular systems, you can also use it as a standalone attenuator box—great for simple attenuation within your system, or to tame modular levels going out to an external mixer. Just plug in a ground connection and you're ready to patch.
- Unidirectional 5-channel banana jack + 3.5mm to banana jack + 3.5mm converter
- Attenuation knob on each channel
- 2x dedicated bidirectional banana-3.5mm converters
- Sturdy die-cast aluminium
- Note: does not offer negative voltage protection—use with caution if connecting to Buchla 200e modules
- Power: Passive, requires ground from banana jack system only
- Dimensions: 4.67 X 3.68 X 1.34"