KorgNu:Tekt NTS-2 Oscilloscope + Patch & Tweak with Korg
Korg Nu:Tekt NTS-2
Korg's Nu:Tekt NTS-2 kit is a single package that combines two of the most important tools for getting started with synthesis: an oscilloscope, and knowledge. Developed in collaboration with publisher Bjooks, this package includes a kit for a powerful four-channel oscilloscope and Patch and Tweak with Korg: a new book that teaches synthesis through examining classic instruments from both the Korg and ARP synthesizer companies.
The NTS-2 itself is a DIY oscilloscope, featuring four simultaneous input channels for visualizing signals from any modular system or semi-modular synthesizer. This is an invaluable tool: translating sound to image can be a powerful way of wrapping your head around synthesis basics. But NTS-2 can also do much more: it features a dual waveform generator with two oscillators, great for producing LFOs, noise, pulses, and even envelopes to use within your system. Additionally, it offers an FFT display for monitoring the spectral content of sounds, and a flexible onboard tuner with multiple display modes. Combine this with the easy front-panel controls and bright, clear display, and the NTS-2 is sure to be any synthesist's new best friend.
Of course, the NTS-2 itself is only half the story: this bundle also includes the brand-new Patch and Tweak with Korg, the latest in the series of educational synthesizer resources from Bjooks. Focusing on the MS-20 Mini, Volca Modular, ARP 2600 M, SQ-1, and SQ-64, it provides all the groundwork you need to get started with synthesis—and to learn about its history as you go.
Nu:Tekt NTS-2 Features
- Educational bundle created in collaboration between Korg and Bjooks
- Includes DIY kit for Nu:Tekt NTS-2 four-channel oscilloscope
- Includes Patch and Tweak with Korg, the newest publication from Bjooks
- Four-channel oscilloscope with bright, clear, easy-to-use interface
- Oscilloscope features two function generators, great for producing additional modulation and signals for your modular system
- Oscilloscope features two dedicated tuner modes, great for keeping things in tune—and an FFT-based spectrum display
- Patch and Tweak with Korg teaches the foundations of synthesis—focusing on Korg's semi-modular and standalone designs
- Full specs TBD