KorgminiKORG 700FS Analog Keyboard Synthesizer
- No Hassle
Korg miniKORG 700FS
Reviving a much-loved design from the early 1970s, the miniKORG 700FS is an updated recreation of Korg's first commercially-produced monophonic synthesizer. Based on the miniKORG 700S, this instrument faithfully recreates the original design while adding a host of new features that should make it at home in any modern music workflow. With MIDI input, arpeggiator, aftertouch, preset memory, and more, the miniKORG 700FS brings the charm of a classic '70s instrument to the modern era.
The miniKORG 700's layout differs significantly from most instruments, with all of its tone controls located on the front of the instrument beneath the keybed. This is because the original was developed to act as a sub keyboard for electric piano and organ players, who could rest the synthesizer on top of their primary instrument. Of course, with its wide variety of novel analog sounds, it quickly became a primary tool for musicians like Kitaro.
The controls on the miniKORG might seem strange to those familiar with classic synthesizer layouts—however, it is a powerful an excellent-sounding tool for sculpting rich analog leads and basslines. Of particular note is the Traveler circuit—a dual filter design which pre-dates the MS-20. Comprised of a highpass and lowpass filter in series, it provides a smooth, edgy sound for everything from wah-like to full-on filtering effects. Combined with the two oscillators and built-in modulation, it has everything you need for silky leads and growling basses.
The miniKORG 700FS adds several new features, from MIDI input via DIN and USB to an arpeggiator, CV/Gate inputs, keyboard aftertouch, pitch bend/modulation joystick, and a spring reverb. Additionally, it provides internal memory, allowing you to store settings for future performances. With these niceties added to its singular, classic design, the miniKORG 700FS is a beautiful instrument just waiting to be rediscovered.
miniKORG 700FS Features
- Authentic recreation of Korg's first mass-produced monophonic synthesizer
- Recreates the miniKORG 700FS
- Perfect for classic '70s leads, basses, and more
- Includes the characteristic Traveler circuit, a biting dual Korg filter that predates the MS-20
- Adds spring reverb as well as pitch bend/modulation joystick
- Integrated arpeggiator and aftertouch control
- MIDI via DIN & USB
- CV/Gate inputs for connecting to modern modular gear
- Built-in patch memory
- Includes hard case designed specifically for the miniKORG 700FS
- Includes a suite of software from Izotope's Ozone Elements to Reason Lite and more from UVI, AAS, and others
- Keyboard: 37 keys w/aftertouch (no velocity)
- MIDI: In via DIN, USB Type B
- Sync connections: In & Out via 3.5mm
- CV/Gate: In via 3.5mm
- Audio input: 1/4" unbalanced TS
- Output: 2x 1/4"
- Headphones: 1/4" output
- Power: 12VDC external PSU (included)
- Dimensions: 744 x 280 x 122mm / 29.29 x 11.02 x 4.8"
- Weight: 8.5kg / 18.74lbs