KnobulaPianophonic 8-Voice Multi-Oscillator Wavetable Synthesizer
- No Hassle
Knobula's Pianophonic combines wavetable synthesis with the percussive aspects of sampled sound, creating a hybrid synth engine tailored to the creation of piano-like sounds and much more. With eight voices of polyphony and the option for polyphonic control via MIDI or 1V/Oct and Chord Select inputs, it's an easy way to add rich, dynamic polyphonic textures to any Eurorack system.
Pianophonic derives inspiration from combo wavetable/sampler keyboards from the 1990s. Each voice features three wavetable oscillators and a sample-based playback engine, designed to emulate the characteristics of a three-string piano sound via professionally-sampled wavetables and hammer samples. The included SD card offers 16 banks of sound presets, which you can further morph, reverse, stretch, filter, compress, and otherwise mangle via the front-panel controls and CV inputs. Though it takes piano sounds as its inspiration, you'll quickly find that it can do much more: uncanny acoustic-like tones, outlandish polyphonic wavetable textures, and gnarly digital drones are all equally accessible.
If you're looking for a new approach to polyphony in your Eurorack system and love the uncanny sounds of '90s polyphonic synthesizers, you'll want to give Pianophonic a close look and listen.
- Multi-voice synthesizer module based on wavetable and sample-based synthesis methods
- Inspired by sound architecture of 1990s keyboard synthesizers
- Eight-voice polyphony
- Voices can be addressed via 3.5mm MIDI input or CV control (via 1V/Oct and Chord Select controls)
- Each voice features three wavetable oscillators and a sample-based playback engine
- Includes SD card with 16 banks of professionaly-constructed presets
- Includes professionally sampled wavetables and hammer samples
- Front panel controls for deep sound manipulation potential
- Does everything from classic digital piano tones to peculiar wavetable soundscapes
- Eurorack module
- Width: 12hp
- Depth: TBD
- Current draw: TBD