Hexinverter Mutant Machine Analog Percussion Engine
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Hexinverter Mutant Machine
The Hexinverter Mutant Machine is a powerful analog instrument that makes use of two separate synthesis sections to generate analog percussion sounds, drones, and oscillations.
Membrane, the first section, utilizes two analog VCOs for sound generation, while the second section, Snappy, add various noise components to the mix. Membrane’s waveforms can be selected via button, or by a dedicated wavescanner. Complex and intriguing sounds can be achieved simply by modulating the wavescanner’s frequency.
Additionally, the Mutant Machine’s trove of available modulation inputs offer a wealth of creative potential. In addition to two external audio inputs, there are also eight CV gate inputs and several audio outputs for a variety of routing options.
Mutant Machine Features
- Unique Inverter Core oscillators form the MEMBRANE. Each analog oscillator has three waveforms to select from the SNAPPY section is comprised of a voltage controlled noise oscillator, for modelling the noisy part of drum timbres.
- Both MEMBRANE and SNAPPY elements have an external input for replacing the built-in sound sources, for unlimited possibility.
- 8 control voltage and gate inputs in addition to the usual trig/accent inputs, for a fully modular drum experience.
- 7 audio and CV/gate outputs for maximum integration with other modules.
- Capable of synthesizing classic 909-style analog snares, and much more.
- Dedicated outputs for each WAVE and NOISE oscillator mean you can use the Machine as a complex VCO in your system, when not synthesizing percussion.
- Waveform scanning feature generates complex timbres from analog waveforms.
- The MEMBRANE's waveforms can be scanned through automatically by the wavescanner's voltage controlled clock generator, or an external clock or VCO can be used.
- SCAN FREQ CV forms a unique form of timbre control, making the Machine act like a complex oscillator at its WAVES output.
- The ENABLE input allows you to gate the wavescanner on and off with a CV or gate signal.
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 29 HP
- Depth: 35mm
- Current Draw: 139mA@+12V; 115mA@-12V