Heritage AudioSYMPH EQ Stereo Equalizer
- No Hassle
Heritage Audio SYMPH EQ
Symph EQ from Heritage Audio is a mastering-grade stereo asymptotic equalizer that is inspired by Baxandall equalizer topology—yet it improves on it in every aspect for highly musical results. The equalizer's circuit is cleverly designed to allow for a maximum boost/cut of 10.5 dB in 0.5 dB steps. Whether the equalizer boosts or cuts is simply decided by the position of the Cut switch. Heritage Audio carefully selected six target frequencies per band—8, 10, 12, 15, 20 and 24 Khz for the high shelf, and 470, 360, 220, 110, 60 and 20 Hz for the low shelf. Additionally, two-pole low- and high-pass filters are installed for fine control over the ultra-high and ultra-low frequency areas.
What makes Symph EQ truly special is the inclusion of high-quality Carnhill Oxford transformers on the inputs, and Carnhill St Ives transformers on the 73-type Class A amplifier-driven output stage. Moreover, the equalizer is endowed with Mid/Side processing capability which is incredibly exciting, and truly makes it a robust studio tool.
SYMPH EQ Features
- Mastering-grade asymptotic equalizer
- Exclusive Carnhill Oxford transformers on the inputs, and Carnhill St Ives transformers on the outputs
- Output stage is driven by the high-end 73-type Class A amplifiers
- High and low frequency shelving filters with strategically selected frequencies per band
- Cut switch to turn boosts into cuts
- Maximum boost/cut of 10.5 dB in 0.5 dB steps
- Dedicated two-pole low- and high-cut filters
- Mid/Side processing
- Full specs TBD