Gieskes 3TrinsRGB+1c Standalone Video Synthesizer
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
3TrinsRGB+1c is an analog video synthesizer that excels at producing glitchy visual patterns and colorizing/keying effects for incoming video. This synth is a perfect standalone option for anyone looking to dive into the world of analog video synthesis and processing.
3Trins provides three internal oscillators, each tied to the Red, Green, and Blue color channels, respectively. The oscillators can be switched individually from vertical to horizontal range, and offer continuously variable sync—providing users direct control of the stability of the generated patterns. Each oscillator has continuously variable frequency and volume, as well as the option of triangle, ramp, and saw waveforms. Dedicated CV inputs for each channel offer even more options for modulation and real-time interaction from modular synthesizers, sequencers, and other external gear.
The device also offers a composite video input, making it easy to use as a bizarre colorizer and image processor. Dedicated brightness, color inversion, and image scrolling controls offer direct impact over the incoming video signal—and of course, said signal can be mingled together with the internal oscillators in a number of ways for even more esoteric effects.
A built-in pin header patchbay enables creation of complex modulation paths, allowing use of internally-generated signals to influence one another. One could use the LFOs to modulate oscillator sync intensity, or could use the video input to modulate oscillator frequency—the possibilities are numerous.
3TrinsRGB+1c is a peculiar and singular device, bringing re-configurable video mayhem to the hands of synthesists, visual artists, and tinkerers alike.
- Standalone video synthesizer and video effect processor
- Extensive control of R, G, and B channels via dedicated internal oscillators
- RGB oscillators offer variable frequency, sync intensity, and volume (brightness)
- Each oscillator can be switched from horizontal to vertical range
- CV inputs for each oscillator
- Switchable waveshape for each oscillator (Ramp, Triangle, Saw)
- Internal LFOs
- Pin header patch bay for creating complex modulations
- Brightness, inversion, and scroll speed controls for incoming video
- NTSC & PAL compatible
- Power: 7.5–12VDC 350mA (center positive)