Erica SynthsPico EF Preamp and Envelope Follower
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Erica Synths Pico EF
Pico EF from Erica synths is an envelope follower and preamp, perfect for integrating external signals with your Eurorack system. Add up to +40dB of gain to signals, enough to bring guitars and dynamic microphones to modular levels. Pushing this gain to the upper limits may result in some crunchy overdrive, particularly if you use signals already at modular levels.
The envelope follower tracks the signal present at the input and puts out an envelope whose voltage level is proportional to the incoming signal's amplitude. Three attack modes help contour the timing of the envelope to your needs. When the incoming signal passes a voltage level set by the TRHLD control, EF produces a gate signal for as long as the incoming signal stays above that threshold level.
Although they seem simple, envelope followers occupy a useful niche for integrating your modular with external signals. Use your voice to change an oscillator's pitch, extract gates for a drum machine to keep your modular in time, or just process your guitar with modular effects and some subtle preamp overdrive. The possibilities presented by the Pico Envelope Follower are vast.
Pico EF Features
- Envelope follower and preamp
- Bring external signals up to modular levels and integrate them with your system
- Add up to +40dB of gain to signals, enough to impart overdrive
- Creates an envelope based on the incoming signal's amplitude
- Three envelope attack speeds
- Gate extractor with threshold control
- Eurorack module
- Width: 3hp
- Depth: 35mm
- Current draw: 25mA @ +12V, 15mA @ -12V