Empirical LabsEL-Rx-V DocDerr Multi-Purpose Tone Module
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Empirical Labs EL-Rx-V DocDerr Multi-Purpose Tone Module
The Empirical Labs EL-Rx-H DocDerr is a 500 series channel strip that’s all about tone. The unit offers digital control over its preamp, EQ, compressor, and saturator sections. An onboard microcontroller governs each of the four analog EQ sections, as well as a brand new dynamics section that shaves digital transients via compressor and saturation circuits.
The unit’s low-noise preamp is compatible with both instrument- and line-level signals, and routes them to four EQ sections. The EQ section combines a two-position HPF with three parametric bands. There’s also an internal jumper that allows the DocDerr to function as a instrument preamp with a whopping 16dB of gain.
Crucially, the DocDerr’s Mix knob blends the uncompressed signal with the compressed/saturated signal, creating parallel compression that yields a wealth of desirable sonic possibilities.
This is the VERTICAL version of the DocDerr.
EL-Rx-V DocDerr Multi-Purpose Tone Module Features
- Multi-purpose tone enhancement module for 500 Series racks
- Super low noise line input, or instrument preamp
- Six digitally controlled sections of analog processing
- Four sections of Equalization – One High Pass and 3 parametric bands
- Renowned Empirical Labs compression
- Saturation circuitry that scrunches the highs and allows hotter levels like tape
- Available with either horizontal or vertically oriented front panel configurations
- Frequency Response is 3 Hz to 180 kHz on eq section (-3dB points)
- Dynamic Range - 120 dB from maximum output (.5%THD soft clipping) to minimum output
- Noise floor with Mix on 0 is typically – 91dBu
- Distortion Ranges between .0006% and 12% at 1KHz, depending on mode and settings
- DC coupled Input and Outputs, - High quality audio caps used internally
- Input Impedance is 120K Ohm, Instrument In Mode. 20K input impedance in balanced Line in mode
- Maximum Input before hard clipping - +22dBm, “ Line In” mode
- Maximum Output - +28dBm (Mix = 0). Output impedance is 75 ohms
- Compressor Dynamics Time Constants - Attack time is about 1mS. Release 0.2 sec, program dependent, fixed internally
- Power Consumption – 4 Watts max. 2 Watts typical with 16Volt power supplies
- Shipping Weight - 1.3lbs