ElysiaXpressor 500 Stereo Compressor
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Elysia Xpressor 500 Stereo Compressor
The Elysia Xpressor 500 is a flexible 500 Series format compressor with dual channels and exceptional attack. Conceived with the entire Elysia legacy in mind, the Xpressor accomplishes pristine compression alongside an exceptional amount of control over processing that is simply unavailable from other compressors in a similar price range.
Whether one’s intention is to achieve a precise setting or delve deep into experimental compression, the Xpressor can handle it all. It features a discreet audio path that perpetually runs in class-A mode, providing exemplary audio quality resulting in a distinctly clear and punchy output signal. This applies no matter whether one is simply processing individual signals, experimenting with dynamics, or shooting for traditional stereo bus compression.
One of the Xpressor’s most singular features is Auto Fast, which ensures a precise and perfect attack setting. Typically, users set the initial compression value by ear, then utilize a switchable, semi-automated attack sourced from the original value. While this can result in ideal parameters for certain portions of a track, it can cause headaches in others—for example, snappy settings for shorter parts could result in audible distortion when applied to longer parts. Here, Auto Fast becomes quite handy: this mode automatically shortens the attack time accordance with faster/louder signal variation.
Xpressor 500 Features
- Discrete Class-A Topology
- Pristine audio quality
- Auto fast-attack; perfect attack in any situation
- Switchable release characteristic; smooth or crisp – the choice is yours
- Warm mode; transparency? Saturation? Both!
- Parallel compression; mixing direct and compressed signals
- Sidechain filter
- Frequency-selective compression
- Gain reduction limiter; ultimate control of compression
- Made in Germany with high-grade components and solid aluminum knobs
- Frequency response: <10 Hz - 400 kHz (-3.0 dB)
- THD+N: @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 0%: 0.002 %; @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 100%: 0.006 %; @ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 0%: 0.003 %; @ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 100%: 0.056 %
- Noise floor: 20 Hz - 20 kHz: -94 dBu
- Dynamic range: 20 Hz - 22 kHz; 115dB
- Maximum level: Input & Output: +21 dBu
- Impedance: Input: 10 kOhm; Output: 68 Ohm