Electro-HarmonixMel9 Mellotron Emulator Pedal
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
EHX Mel9 Mellotron Emulator Pedal
The Mel9, from Electro-Harmonix, is a mellotron emulator that brings the distinct sound of tape strings to any pedalboard setup. It implements polyphonic pitch tracking that adeptly alters the sound of a guitar or keyboard into that of a mellotron. Users can fine-tune their tone to taste via the Dry and Effect level controls, as well as govern attack and sustain parameters with the corresponding knobs. For those looking to drench their sound in shimmering psychedelic sensuousness, the Mel9 is just what the doctor ordered.
- Emulates nine classic Mellotron sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir, & High Choir
- Tracks guitar, bass, keyboard (within range limitations) effortlessly
- Independent wet and dry signal level controls
- Attack and Sustain envelope controls for effect sound
- Includes EHX power supply
- Includes 9.6DC-200mA power supply
- Dimensions: 4 x 4.75 x 2.25 in
Like the B9, C9, and KEY9, the MEL9 makes use of EHX's legendary polyphonic pitch tracking to turn the sound of your guitar or keyboard into the sound of a Mellotron with shockingly good results. The Dry and Effect level controls allow a mix of your guitar and the MEL9 sound, while attack and sustain determine how long it takes the MEL9 sound to fade in and out.
If you want ethereal tape strings, flutes, or brass, or are a fan of the textures of classic Prog and psychedelic music, the MEL9 has a home in your rig.
Emulates nine classic Mellotron sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir, & High Choir.
Join us for a walkthrough of some routing, unique signal manipulation, as well as weird and whacky tones!