EarthQuaker DevicesHoof Reaper V2 Dual Octave Fuzz Pedal
- No Hassle
Earthquaker Hoof Reaper V2 Dual Octave Fuzz Pedal
The Hoof Reaper, from EarthQuaker Devices, has been updated with flex-function switching over its analog octave feature! This newly-implemented flex switch silent relay-based switching allows the pedal to achieve traditional latching or momentary operation.
The Hoof Reaper is a combination of EarthQuaker's Hoof and Tone Reaper fuzz pedals. However, the Hoof Reaper differs from both of its predecessors in that it offers old school analog octave-up functionality. This makes it capable of subtle octave-up overtones and volcanic flurries of fuzz-laden glory. Each effect can be used independently or in series, though their configuration within the signal path is predetermined.
Hoof Reaper v2 Features
- Dual Fuzz Octave
- Three pedals in one!
- Combines Hoof fuzz, Tone Reaper fuzz, and Tentacle analog octave up for any combination of “Muff-style,” “Three Knob Bender,” or analog octave up tones!
- Signal flow is Octave > Tone Reaper > Hoof
Possible switching combinations:
- Tone Reaper
- Hoof, Tone Reaper, & Octave
- Hoof & Tone Reaper
- Hoof & Octave
- Tone Reaper & Octave
- Loosely based on classic Green Russian muff-style circuit
- Hybrid germanium / silicon circuitry
- Hand tested NOS germanium transistors
- Capable of producing an array of tones from every bender era with careful tweaking of the tone and fuzz controls
- Playing below the 12th fret, adds overtones and crunch
- Above the 12th fret, a more pronounced Hendrix-like octave appears
- Hoof, Reaper, and Octave footswitches upgraded for silent relay-based switching
- Octave switch updated with new flexi switch silent relay based switching for traditional latching or momentary operation
- All-analog signal path
- Each and every Hoof Reaper is built by hand in Akron, Ohio, USA
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current draw: 6mA
- Weight: 21 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 4.75" x 5.65" x 2.25"