dbx676 Tube Channel Strip
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The dbx 676 is a channel strip with a tube microphone preamp and compressor, offering everything from clean amplification to warm, saturated tube sounds. Using a high-voltage 12AX7 vacuum tube, the Class-A mic pre excels at saturating incoming audio with harmonic interest. With both an instrument TRS input and an XLR input, the 676 can be used with all kinds of input sources, and features phantom power capability, 20dB pad, polarity inversion, and 80Hz low cut switches.
The three band inductor EQ features a sweepable mid range and adjustable width, and the compressor/limiter adds full dynamic control via side chain input and switches for auto velocity, contour, and OverEasy or Hard Knee response. An analog VU meter provides clear indication of your amplitude and compression levels over time. Further, the preamp and compressor have separate outputs, allowing you to send the dry preamp signal out to a second compressor, EQ, delay, or other effect. The 676 by dbx works well for everything from simple EQing of vocals to adding tube warmth to a guitar.
- Channel strip with preamp, compressor, and EQ
- Class-A12AX7 high voltage tube preamp adds warmth and harmonic character to sounds
- Three-band inductor EQ with sweepable mid range
- Compressor/limiter from DBX 162SL compressor
- Side chain input
- XLR and ¼" inputs
- VU meter
- Frequency response: 20Hz-50kHz (microphone), 30Hz-70kHz (instrument)
- Analog inputs: One XLR, one 1/4" instrument, 1/4" preamp insert, 1/4" sidechain insert
- Analog outputs: two XLR, two 1/4"
- Power IEC 100-240V
- 3.5 x 8 x 19"/88.9 x 203 x 482mm