dbx286s Channel Strip + De-Esser
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The dbx 286s is a channel strip that combines four powerful processing functions into one package, perfect for vocalists looking to get the most out of their performance. The preamplifier features up to 60dB of gain and +48V phantom power. In addition, a 80Hz high pass filter helps eliminate low frequency interference. dbx's OverEasy compressor smooths out the dynamic range and creates a fuller, richer sound. Get rid of distracting sibilance with the frequency tunable de-esser section, perfect for live vocals or eliminating high frequency distortion. The Enhancer controls both high frequency and low frequency detail for crisp and full sounding results.
The program adaptive expander/gate additionally tames dynamics and works great for noisy signals such as tube amplifiers. Inputs include both TRS and XLR with a TRS output. The TRS insert interfaces between the preamp and signal processing section and works great to add in EQ, delay, or reverb into the mix. The 286s is everything you need for stellar vocals or full instrumentation, all in one convenient package.
- Four-function channel strip for studio quality results
- Compression for smooth dynamic control
- Mic preamp with +48V phantom power and 80Hz high pass filter
- De-essing for removing sibilance and high frequency distortion
- Enhancer for control low and high frequency detail
- Program adapter expander/gate for reducing ambient volume
- XLR and TRS inputs
- TRS insert for additional effects
- TRS output
- Detented controls
- Clear LED indication
- Analog Inputs: microphone XLR, 1/4" TRS line input
- Mic Input Impedance: ~4.2 kOhms
- Line Input Impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Insert Connections: 1/4" TRS where Tip = Send, Ring = Return
- Insert Impedance: >5 kOhms Input/Ring, 100 Ohms Output/Tip
- Analog Outputs: 1/4" TRS
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms balanced, 100 Ohms unbalanced
- Power: 15W at 100-230 VAC
- Dimensions: 1.75 x 5.75 x 19"
- Weight: 4.5 lbs.