dbx266XS Dual Compressor / Gate
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The dbx 266xs is a two-channel compressor and gate that is equally suited to live sound or in-studio use. When recording or mastering, a compressor is a must have—it smooths dynamics and brings everything together for a more professional sounding result. The transparent sound of the 266xs is suited for everything from vocals to synthesizers.
The 266xs can be used in dual mono or stereo mode with a front panel stereo coupling button. A TRS side chain insert can be used to duck the compression using an external source. dbx has included its Overeasy compression and AutoDynamic attack and release controls which aid in and simplify making great sounding mixes. Whether you're recording, mastering, or managing live sound, the 266xs is a solid choice for your compression and gating needs.
- Two-channel compression and gating
- Get great sounding results regardless of experience level
- Comprehensively control the dynamics of your sound
- Dual mono or stereo operation with stereo coupling button
- Overeasy compression is musical and smooth
- AutoDynamic attack and release makes getting great sounding compression easy
- TRS sidechain insert
- Balanced XLR and TRS inputs and outputs
- New gate timing algorithm provide smooth release
- LEDs show level, gain reduction, compression, and gate threshold
- Analog Inputs: 1/4" TRS, XLR
- Input Impedance: 40 kOhm balanced/unbalanced
- Analog Outputs: 1/4" TRS, XLR
- Output Impedance: +4dBu: 100 Ohm balanced, 50 Ohm unbalanced, -10dBu: 1 kOhms balanced, 500 Ohms unbalanced
- Power: 15W at 100-230VAC
- Dimensions: 1.75 x 19 x 5.75"
- Weight: 6.6 lbs.