BossOC-5 Octave Pedal
- No Hassle
Building on the groundwork set forth by the famous OC-2 octave pedal, the Boss OC-5 adds 21st century technology for ultimate octave shifting. Now featuring an octave up mode in addition to the octave down and two octave down modes, it offers three pitch shifting ranges that can be blended together for huge sounds.
The OC-5 can operate in vintage mode, which gives monophonic pitch shifting, or in poly mode, which can be used to track chords. The improved tracking technology provides accurate tracking with no latency and an extremely natural feel. In poly mode, the range control sets the lowest note in the chord that the octave effect is applied to. This is a great way to make bass lines that follow your guitar chords or finger picking. It can be set for use with a bass or guitar, with a switch on the rear to set the mode. Take both the wet signal and the dry signal from your input instrument and route them to separate effects using the dual dry and wet outputs. Or take the dry signal to a traditional guitar amplifier, and the octave shifted signal to a bass amp. The OC-5 is useful in a wide range of use cases, from guitars to basses to synthesizers, anything you want to get another copy of the pitch shifted signal.
- Octave pedal
- Vintage or poly modes
- Adds three versions of your signal: up one octave, down an octave, down two octaves
- Blend the three resulting signals using the controls
- Poly mode tracks polyphonic playing
- In poly mode, the range setting sets the lowest note the octave effect is applied to
- Switch to select between guitar and bass
- Both direct and octave outputs
- Dimensions: 73 x 129 x 59mm/2.8 x 5 x 2.3"
- Power Specs: 9V DC center negative PSU (not included)