Black Lion AudioMicro Clock MK2 Wordclock Generator
Black Lion Audio Micro Clock MK2
The Micro Clock mk2 from Black Lion Audio is an external Wordclock generator that features ultra-low jitter, third-order crystal oscillators, with a high-current parallel drive circuit designed to increase the amount of desirable harmonics within the clock's spectral band.
In an attempt to minimize noise that might affect the signal, Black Lion Audio has dispensed with any unneeded peripheral components such as lights, or a frequency display, and housed the unit in a basic and rugged chassis that provides optimum RF shielding.
Proprietary noise reduction circuitry eliminates the unwanted switching harmonics (musically unrelated signals that create distortion and phase cancellation) normally found in digital signals. Additionally, there is very little undesirable in-band or out of band content in the Wordclock output (below 10 picoseconds using a Delta Sigma average).
Jitter at the crystal oscillator is held to approximately one picosecond RMS, and just under 10 picoseconds RMS at the output. Six selectable output frequencies from 44.1 to 192 kHz are globally available from the three 75Ω BNC connectors.
Micro Clock MK2 Features
- Dedicated Wordclock generator
- Three 75Ω BNC outputs
- Ultra-low jitter, third-order crystal oscillators
- Six operating frequencies
- Dual voltage external power supply
- Outputs: 3 x BNC (galvanic isolated) with fixed 75Ω terminations @ 6 V peak to peak
- Sampling Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz
- Jitter: Maximum 1 picosecond of intrinsic jitter, less than 10 picoseconds of accumulated jitter, measured using a Delta Sigma averaging method
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC via included external power supply (120 and 240 VAC)
- Dimensions: 4 x 3" (102 x 76 mm)