Bitwig 2 Studio DAW
Bitwig Studio is designed to be one of the most comprehensive and powerful recording/performance platforms on the market. Its primary goal is to provide editing flexibility and expedite workflow.
Bitwig combines traditional linear sequencing with clip launching to help users actualize any musical ideas they may have. It can also provide a more classic multi-track approach, where users can subsequently orient audio and MIDI recordings as clips.
At its core, Bitwig 2 features a pristine audio engine—complete with multiprocessing support—as well as a coherent modulation system. Beyond that, it supports 32/64-bit plug-in bridging and VST crash protection. Additionally, it includes over 50 devices, including virtual instruments, FX, container devices, Note FX, modulators, and ample opportunities for expansion. There’s even a 3GB sample library featuring drum machines, acoustic drums, multi-sampled instruments, instrument loops, instrument voices, and much more.
Bitwig 2 Studio DAW Features
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio and performance
- Tabbed document interface for multiple projects open at once with drag-and-drop between them
- Dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance
- Great sounding proprietary time-stretching technology
- Multiple audio events per clip: Automatically cut up samples and rearrange them on the fly in the Detail Editor
- Automatic audio slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine
- Advanced layered editing
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control
- Dynamic Object Inspector: Select multiple notes or events and edit them together with the interactive parameter histogram, easily adding variations as you go
- Over 50 included devices, including instruments, samplers, drum machine, effects, containers and more
- Unified Modulation System to modulate any device parameter including effects and VST plug-ins
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection
- 3 GB of sound content including presets, samples, loops and instruments