BefacoHexmix 6-Channel Performance Mixer
The Befaco Hexmix is a performance mixer designed for implementation within Eurorack modular synthesizer systems. It features six channels, each with an integrated 3-band EQ alongside pan and mute controls. Combining the module with the Hexpander adds three aux sends for each channel, separate outputs, PFL, and a balanced out.
Hexmix takes its inspiration from classic DJ mixers, particularly the actue 12dB EQs, aux sends, and individual outs for recording each channel separately. The module's master section also features a 6dB EQ, which can be used to tame the overall mix. Performance-wise, the mute section is particularly advantageous given its momentary functionality, which is governed by vactrols for a distinctly smooth release.
In terms of configuration, Hexmix and Hexpander are specifically designed for 6U orientation, as opposed to adjacent placement in a 3U rack. This enables the module to be used in a manner similar to a conventional tabletop mixer.
- 6-channel mixer, expandable with the Hexpander module
- Output level is switchable between line and synth levels via rear panel switch
- Each channel features a 12dB EQ remniscent of classic DJ mixers
- Master section features its own 6dB EQ for precise control over the final mix
- Eurorack module
- Depth: 27mm
- Width: 28HP
- Current Draw: 106mA@+12V; 88mA@-12V