BASTL InstrumentsPizza FM + Waveshaping Oscillator
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
BASTL Instruments Pizza
Serving up a large slice of brilliant audio-rate modulated tones, BASTL's Pizza is a digital complex oscillator offering big and highly controllable sound in a compact format. Designed around three different oscillators, the main oscillator is based upon a single sine wave with both phase modulation and either one of two wave-folding options, as well as ring modulation. Both the phase and ring modulation utilize either the ratio or sub-octave oscillator, or a mix of the two, inflicted via the FM Index crossfader which blends between the two modulation oscillators as well as the Index Mod attenuverter for amount of modulation. Though the main oscillator presents heavy leanings in the additive stylings of synthesis, it also features a dedicated pulse output for subtractive style synthesis through mixing the outputs, filtering, and other tone shaping tools.
Pizza's ratio oscillator offers four designable and selectable FM ratios to imply upon the main oscillator, and the waveshape is defined via a variable motion from square to sine to saw for a multitude of timbral options. On the octave oscillator side, Pizza offers four selectable octaves with an identical variable waveshaper to the ratio oscillator, and the independent output makes it useful for use elsewhere throughout your patch. Alternative phase modulation can be applied via an external input which replaces the octave oscillator altogether. Further shaping on all three oscillators can be made via the hard sync input for resetting all simultaneously as well as the user-assignable control input and attenuverter, offering modulation over tuning, linear/exponential FM, built-in bipolar VCA, and much more.
Due to its digital nature, tuning the Pizza is highly unnecessary for most cases, so the pitch knob is set for octave transposition at default with detune capabilities. With a long hold on the pitch button, Pizza also offers semitone transposition and fine tuning to match against your less stable sound sources. With pitch calibration to any input source to track 1V/Oct and several CV inputs for loads of modulation capabilities, BASTL's Pizza offers supreme timbral creation and shaping for designing both melodic and atonal sounds for use in a variety of modular applications. Cook up some hot FM patches and get lost in the sauce with BASTL's Pizza.
- Digital complex oscillator
- Three internal oscillators: main, octave, and ratio
- Main oscillator features two outputs including main and pulse
- Main oscillator features phase modulation (labeled FM), wave folding, and ring modulation timbres
- Octave oscillator has dedicated output, octave selection, and square-sine-saw waveshaping
- Ratio oscillator with user-definable ratios and square-sine-saw waveshaping
- Hold Ratio + Oct during boot-up to assign Ratio oscillator to octave output
- Attenuverter index control with FM mod crossfader between ratio and octave oscillators and CV input
- Shape selection (wave shaping, two wave folding flavors, and ring mod) and dedicated amount control with CV input
- Hard sync input resets all oscillators
- 1V/Oct tracking (auto calibration and quantize) with Pitch control offering octave and detune or semitone and fine tuning
- Coarse pitch mode available by holding Pitch for 6 seconds (hold for 2 seconds to turn it off)
- External input for replacing octave oscillator in phase modulation
- Assignable control attenuverter with CV input (linear/exponential FM, internal envelope, ratios, secondary FM index, octave, detune, waveshaping, VCA)
- micro-USB port for firmware updates
- Eurorack module
- Width: 8hp
- Depth: 24mm
- Current draw: 90mA @ +12V, 20mA @ -12V
Designed around three different oscillators, the main oscillator is based upon a single sine wave with both phase modulation and either one of two wave-folding options, as well as ring modulation.