BASTL Instruments1983 MIDI to CV Converter
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
BASTL Instruments 1983
Bastl's 1983 is a MIDI to CV module that provides advanced configuration options that break past the typical trappings of utilitarian converters. With several distinct modes of operation, 1983 promises to provide powerful options for countless musical applications.
1983 features eight reconfigurable outputs, which can produce many different combinations of signals. Typical modes of operation include: 4-voice polyphony with CV & Gate outputs for each voice, two monophonic voices with additional velocity outputs, eight simultaneous CC outputs, eight simultaneous gate outputs, and much more.
A built-in listening function enables automatic tuning of oscillators—just patch a spare output from each oscillator into its respective channel on the 1983, press Tune, and an additional offset will be added to the CV output on each channel in order to compensate for any tuning discrepancies.
A Transpose input enables easy transposition of all CV outputs, ideal for Berlin school-style sequences and chord progressions. 1983 also provides support for microtuning, allowing users to detune each semitone in the octave in order to create novel scales outside the typical 12-tone equal tempered tradition.
Offering many more features than the typical MIDI to CV module, 1983 is here to stay.
- MIDI to CV converter for Eurorack modular synthesizers
- Dedicated Transpose and Portamento inputs for offsetting outputs and adding glide
- Window jack allows selection of notes from within a legato buffer
- Update jack forces outputs to update only when a pulse is received
- Automatic tuning feature enables easy tuning of oscillators by introducing additional offsets at output
- Quantizer mode functions without MIDI input
- Offers support for microtuning (by enabling detuning of each semitone within the octave)
- Various layouts for different styles of MIDI conversion: from 4-voice polyphony to 8 gates, or 8 CCs, and more
- Eurorack module
- Width: 7hp
- Depth: 24mm
- Current draw: 60mA @ +12V, 20mA @ -12V