Austrian AudioOC818 Multi-Polar Pattern Condenser Microphone (Studio Set)
- Low Prices
Austrian Audio OC818
Offering several polar patterns and with wireless control, the OC818 from Austrian Audio provides flexibility and fantastic performance. Designed by a team of ex-AKG engineers, the OC818 builds on the legacy of some of the greatest microphones of all time, adding its own unique twists and refinements to a well-loved microphone architecture.
Usually a microphone just has one polar pattern which determines the area in which the microphone most effectively picks up sound—but the OC818 has four selectable onboard polar patterns. These include cardioid, super cardioid, figure-eight, and omnidirectional. In addition to these onboard polar patterns, a fifth mode is available on the microphone, preset mode. This works with the optional Bluetooth attachment and allows users to customize their own polar patterns. Austrian Audio's PolarPilot and PolarDesigner apps for iOS and Android allow you to remotely control the polar pattern per frequency band when used with the OCR8 Bluetooth module. This means you can assign different polar patterns to different frequencies in the audio range, allowing you to have, for instance, a low frequency cardioid polar pattern and a high frequency omnidirectional polar pattern, or any combination for up to five frequency bands.
The OC818 has a dual-capsule design that uses the famous CKR12 capsule, delivering incredible sound quality and allowing the microphone to pair well with brass, percussion, human voice, or piano among other audio sources. A secondary output is available on the back of the OC818, which can be used independently of the primary capsule to add a new dimension to your recordings. The design is low noise and provides high headroom, with -10dB and -20dB pads available on the side of the microphone. In addition, the sound can be tailored with the selectable high pass filter, available at 40Hz, 80Hz, or 160Hz. With selectable polar patterns with deep customization and a highly detailed sound from the specially engineered capsule, this microphone is a clear step up from the competition.
- Multi-polar pattern large diaphragm condenser microphone
- Cardioid, supercardioid, figure-eight, or omnidirectional polar patterns
- Fifth customizable polar pattern that can be controlled with Austrian Audio's companion apps
- Bluetooth compatible with the OCR8 gives you control over the app
- Select polar pattern per frequency band with app
- Three analog high pass filters, 40Hz, 80Hz, and 160Hz
- Selectable pad -10dB and -20dB
- Wide frequency response 20Hz–20kHz
- Dual capsule design
- Primary and secondary outputs, available for stereo usage and separate tracking
- +48V phantom power required
- Includes wind screen, mic clip, spider mount, mini XLR cable, clip, and protective carrying case
- Microphone type: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Multiple (cardioid, supercardioid, omnidirectional, figure-eight, user-definable)
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 275 ohms
- Dimensions: 6.18 x 2.48" / 157 x 63mm