Audio-TechnicaAT4040 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
The Audio Technica AT4040 is a large-diaphragm side-addressed condenser microphone that provides accurate sonic reproduction over its entire frequency range. Due to the transformerless design, the AT4040 has almost non-existent low-frequency distortion that may otherwise interfere with your recordings.
The response is smooth and musical, responding equally effectively to quick drum transients and subtle vocal performances. Use the 80Hz high pass filter to eliminate low-frequency rumbles and the -10dB pad when you want to record particularly loud sounds. The cardioid polar pattern helps isolate sounds directly in front of the microphone while blocking sounds from the sides and rear. This microphone is ideal for your studio, boasting an incredibly musical response that handles whatever you throw at it.
- Large-diaphragm externally-polarized condenser microphone
- Exceptionally smooth and musical response
- Transformerless design lends to ultra-low noise operation
- Cardioid polar pattern blocks off-axis sounds
- Side-addressed design
- Handles high SPL with an additional -10dB of attenuation
- 80Hz high pass filter for low-frequency interference
- Custom shock mount provides acoustic isolation
- Microphone type: Externally polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 100 ohm
- Max SPL: 145dB (155dB with pad)