ArturiaMicrofreak Vocoder Algorithmic Synthesizer
Arturia Microfreak Vocoder
Arturia is back again with the Microfreak Vocoder, a hybrid digital/analog synthesizer that defies expectations and allows for new routes of sonic exploration. This package includes a microphone, all new graphics, and that latest firmware, which adds a vocoder function to the already robust feature set.
Allowing for up to four vocoded notes at once, the 16-band vocoder effect is great vocals or as a way to resynthesize different instruments such as drum machines or external synthesizers with the right connection. Attaching to the headphone port via TRRS connection, the included gooseneck microphone allows for vocal resynthesis and the solid construction keeps the microphone in place during your performance. The vocoder has waveform selection including saw, pulse, and noise waveforms, available from the wave knob. Control the analysis and resynthesis frequency range with the timbre knob and the filter bandwidth with the shape knob. The SEM-style analog filter with selectable filter type adds further sonic sculpting to your vocoded playing. In addition to the vocoding algorithm, this version includes all of the other standard Microfreak synthesis algorithms: a collection of 11 different synthesis models, including some from Mutable Instruments' Plaits, provide a variety of synthesis techniques at your fingertips.
The capacitive touch keybed is expressive and allows for fluid and gestural playing with polyphonic aftertouch and touch strip. An onboard sequencer can be used to arpeggiate notes and add random chance to sequences with the spice and dice controls, morphing these sequences over time into new entities. Modulate parameters on the Microfreak using the modulation matrix which includes the LFO with six waveforms, triggered envelope, and multi-mode cycling envelope. Integrate with your external gear using the CV/gate outputs, clock input/output, and MIDI input/output. This curious synthesizer is not normal by any standard, providing a deep feature set that captures the imagination and promotes creative exploration.
Microfreak Vocoder Features
- Capacitive touch-plate keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch
- New vocoder algorithm adds 16-band vocoder
- Up to four-voice paraphony
- SEM-style analog multi-mode filter
- 64-step sequencer
- Digital oscillator with selection of algorithms including some from Mutable Instruments' Plaits
- Spice and dice modes add random variation to your sequences
- Assignable modulation matrix with two envelopes and LFO
- CV/gate outputs
- Clock input and output
- MIDI input and output
- Outputs: Headphone on 3.5mm, main output on 1/4", CV/gate/pressure on 3.5mm, Clock on 3.5mm, MIDI on 3.5mm
- Inputs: MIDI on 3.5mm, clock on 3.5mm, USB, headphone microphone input via TRRS
- Power: 12V DC 1A power supply (included)
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 9.2 x 2.2" / 311 x 233 x 55mm