ApogeeQuartet Audio Interface (iOS / MAC)
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The Apogee Quartet is a powerful desktop audio interface that affords professional control when recording on a Mac or iPad. Optimized for mobility, the unit is both compact and portable and boasts a dizzying array of features that afford Apogee-quality sound to just about any audio production application. Aside from boasting classic Apogee AD/DA conversion, the interface is comprised of four mic preamps, USB MIDI connectivity, monitor controls, and ESS Sabre32 DAC technology. Additionally, Quartet includes the Waves Gold plug-in bundle—bringing thirty-five of the world’s most renowned mixing and mastering plug-ins to its users’ fingertips.
Since Quartet includes four combo inputs, users can connect all manner of line-level instruments, including microphones, guitars, external preamps, and outboard mixers. There’s also an optical digital in, offering an expansion potential of up to eight additional inputs. Conversely, Quartet contains eight analog outputs: six 1/4” balanced outs and a separate stereo headphone out. This means that users can route up to three sets of speakers of configure the interface for 5.1 monitoring.
Users who purchased Quartet new after April 4, 2016 can register their product in order to receive a code for 25% off an individual plug-in, or 35% off any Waves plug-in bundle alongside a $100 voucher for a future Waves purchase. This benefit can be combined with specific discounts and special deals offered from Waves. However, there are a few restrictions. First, the voucher is only redeemable up to 50% of the price for any plug-in bundle or upgrade, or for up to 25% against the price of any single plug-in. The voucher cannot be used with multiple discounts, and can only be used for a single order. Further, vouchers must be used individually, they cannot be combined.
- 4 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices.
- 8 analog outputs - 6 balanced 1/4” outs for speakers or outboard gear, 1/4” stereo headphone output.
- 8 digital inputs via 2 optical connections (ADAT/SMUX).
- Monitor control for up to 3 sets of speakers or 5.1 surround.
- USB 2.0 High Speed connection to Mac.
- Direct digital connection with iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. 30-pin cable sold separately).
- Software control of hardware parameters including input selection and low latency monitoring.
- USB 2.0
- USB 2.0 to Lightning Connector for iOS devices
- 24-bit/192 kHz
- 4 x XLR/TRS combo
Maximum Input Level
- Microphone: +20 dBu
- Line: +20 dBu
- Instrument: +14dBu
- 6 x 1/4" TRS line
- 1 x 1/4" TRS headphone
- 2 x TOSLink
- 1 x ADAT/SMUX optical (8-channels @ 44.1 to 96 kHz)
- 1 x BNC Wordclock Out
- 1 x USB Type-A MIDI I/O
- 1 x USB mini
- Up to 75 dB of gain
- EIN: 128 dB, unweighted @ 60 dB, 150Ω input
- Input Impedance: 3kΩ
- Maximum Input Level +4 dBu Reference: +20 dBu
- Maximum Input Level -10 dBV Reference: +6 dBV
- Input Impedance: 5kΩ
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, > +/-0.2 dB @ 44.1 kHz
- Relative THD + N: -106 dB @ 96 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 114 dB, A-weighted
- Hi-Z Load: Input Impedance: >2MΩ
- Phantom Power: 48V individually selectable
- Maximum Output Level +4 dBu Reference: +20 dBu
- Maximum Output Level -10 dBV Reference: +6 dBV
- Line Output Impedance: 90Ω
- Maximum Output Level Headphones: 19 dBu
- Headphone Output Impedance: 30Ω
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, > +/- 0.05 dB @ 44.1 kHz
- Relative THD+N: -113 dB @ 96 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 123 dB, A-weighted
- 2 x High-resolution OLED displays
- Apogee controller knob
- 6 x Touchpads for direct selection of inputs and outputs
- 3 x Assignable touchpads to control Mute Outputs, Dim Outputs, Sum to Mono, Clear Meters, Engage Speaker Set (allows monitoring of up to 3 pairs of speakers)
- 9~16V DC via included universal external power supply
Mac System Requirements
- Intel Mac 1.5 GHz or faster
- OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.4 or greater
- 2 GB RAM minimum (4 GB recommended)
- Available USB port
iOS System Requirements
- iOS 7
- Lightning dock connector (Cable included)
iOS Device Compatibility
- iPod touch (5th generation)
- iPhone 5
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad mini
- iPod touch 4th generation (requires optional Lightning to 30-pin adapter)
- iPhone 4 (requires optional Lightning to 30-pin adapter)
- iPhone 4s (requires optional Lightning to 30-pin adapter)
- iPad 3rd generation (requires optional Lightning to 30-pin adapter)
- iPad 2 (requires optional Lightning to 30-pin adapter)
- iPad (requires optional Lightning to 30-pin adapter)
- Any Mac Core Audio compatible application
- Final Cut
- Pro Tools
- Ableton Live
- Digital Performer
- Studio One