API560 500-Series Discrete 10 Band Graphic EQ
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Emerging from the original design of the equalizer section implemented in the classic API consoles of the 60s and 70s, 560 is a 10-band graphic equalizer condensed into a portable 500-series format module. The bands are positioned an octave apart from one another, and each one allows for up to 12dB boost or cut, making this equalizer an extremely flexible tool for shaping the spectral content of any sound. However, what makes 560 truly unique is API's "Proportional Q" design which naturally widens the Q at lower boost/cut settings and narrows it as the controls are pushed further. This makes the 560 adaptable to a wide range of applications—from subtle enhancements to surgical cuts, and everything in between.
While 560 retains all of the functionality and musicality of the original EQ design, API implemented a few improvements to make it an even better candidate for the modern audio world. The increased resolution in the ±4dB area, and phenomenal headroom achieved via the API proprietary 2520 op amp result in true reproduction of the low frequency spectra, and ensure the overall consistency of the equalizer response even at most drastic settings.
Without a doubt 560, while small in size, carries in itself a legacy of quality tones. After all, it has played a big part in shaping the sound of countless songs for decades. Now it's your turn to make something special with it.
- Classic API graphic equalizer in a portable 500-series format
- 10 bands separated an octave apart
- Up to 12dB boost or cut per band
- Unique "Proportional Q" design intuitively widens or narrows the Q based on the amount of boost/cut
- Incredible headroom via API proprietary 2520 op amp
- Number of Bands: Ten
- Filter Type: Proportional Q, Octave entered, Continuously Adjustable Level
- Filter Frequency Centers: 31, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz
- Filter Boost/Cut: +/- 12 dB
- Filter Slope: 12 dB per Octave at full boost or cut
- Input Impedance: 20k Resistive, Balanced
- Output Impedance: < 85 Ohms
- Nominal Levels: -15 to +15 dBu
- Clipping Level: Better than +28 dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, -.25, 30 Hz to 20kHz
- Noise: -95 dBu EQ Out, -90 dBu EQ In, Unweighted 20 to 20kHz
- Distortion: .05% max, @ +20 dBu output
- Power Requirements: ± 12/18 Volts/DC @ 60 mA
- Rack Frame and Power Supply Options: Fits 500V (10 slot rack, requires API 200PS Power Supply, 500H (2 slot rack, internal power supply), 500b "lunchbox®" (4 slot portable rack with internal power supply), API Legacy Consoles and vintage API Classic Consoles
- Dimensions: 1.5" X 5.25" X 6.75"
- Weight: 1.61 lbs