API529 500-Series Stereo Compressor
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The 529 stereo compressor from API takes the brand's praised 2500 stereo bus compressor as a point of inspiration, and repackages it into a modern travel-friendly 500-series format module. Faithful to the brand's impeccable sonic aesthetic, the 529 offers a plethora of features that make it an excellent choice for a variety of applications without sacrificing the clarity and transparency of the original signal. Continuously variable, and detented Gain, Threshold, Attack, Ratio and Release controls offer a balanced combination of flexibility and precision to facilitate any number of desired effects, while a convenient feature like an automatic make-up gain ensures that the signal level remains optimal at all times. Additionally, 529 can be set to either feed-back or feed-forward operation mode to bring out vintage or modern compression characteristics respectively. Moreover, the compressor is endowed with the API's patented THRUST® circuitry to offer an extra punchy low end when needed.
All in all, 529 is an uncommonly versatile dynamics processor that can be as effective for mixing applications, as it can be for mastertering. Analog warmth abound.
- 500-series format stereo compressor inspired by the renowned API 2500
- Continuously variable detented controls for Gain, Threshold, Attack, Ratio and Release
- Patented THRUST® circuitry for "punchy" low end
- Auto make-up gain feature to compensate for level imbalance at different compression settings
- Feedback and feedforward modes to change the characteristic of the compressor to vintage or modern
- Three selectable Knee settings: Soft, Med, Hard
- Audio circuit is equipped with 2520 and 2510 discrete op amps with transformer output
- Perfect for mixing and mastering
- Connections: API 500 Edge Connector - VPR Alliance Compliant. This is a dual-channel model which uses TWO adjacent 500 slots
- Input Impedance: 80K ohms
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms
- Nominal Operating Level: +4dBu
- Maximum Input Level: +26dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +26dBu
- Attack Times: < 1ms to 50ms
- Release Times: 0.05s to 4s
- Compression Ratios: 1.5:1 to inf:1
- Threshold Control Range: +10dBu to -20dBu
- Metering: Dual (Stereo) 10-LED VU meter (-15VU to +18VU)
- 10-LED Gain Reduction Meter (-23dB to -1.5dB)
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.25dB, 20Hz - 20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 106 dB
- Power Requirements: +16VDC @ 180mA across 2 slots -16VDC @ 180mA across 2 slots
- Size: 3" X 5.25" X 7"
- Actual Weight: 2.4 lbs.