API527A 500-Series Compressor/Limiter
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The 527A is a 500-series VCA-based compressor and limiter that offers a stunning variety of dynamics management tools, including selectable feed-back and feed-forward compression and a hard/soft knee response. Engaging the hard knee setting produces a more direct, brickwall limiting effect; with soft knee engaged, the unit acts more like a standard compressor, but the 527A is far from your typical dynamics manager. Like the 225L, 529, 2500, and 2500+ compressors, the 527 offers API's distinctive Thrust circuit for frequency dependent side-chain behavior that adds serious punch to the low end of your tracks. Stereo operation is also possible via DC linking with a second 527A, faciliating bus compression on your mix, drum bus, or any stereo source. For a strikingly transparent, powerful, and flexible dynamics compressor in the 500-series format, look to the 527A.
- 500-series VCA-based dynamics management tool
- "Type" control selects between feed-back ("old") and feed-forward ("new") compression
- Hard knee for limiting duties, soft knee for standard compression
- Ratio and threshold controls have minimal effect on output level to faciliate experimentation and "dialing things in"
- All-discrete custom API op-amps lend warmth to any signal
- Warranted for five years through API's industry-leading support policy
- Connector: API 500 Edge Connector - VPR Alliance Compliant
- Input Impedance: 120 K Ohms, Balanced
- Output Impedance: 75 Ohms, Transformer coupled, Balanced
- Maximum Input Level: +26 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: + 30dBu
- Output Fader Control Gain: -Infinity to +10 dBm
- Attack Times: 1 millisecond to 25 milliseconds
- Release Times: 0.3 seconds to 3 seconds
- Compression Ratios: 1:1 to 1:Infinity
- Threshold Control Range: +10 dBu to -20 dBu
- Metering: 10 Segment LED Meter showing either Gain Reduction (-1 to -24 dB) or Output Level (14 to +14 dBu)
- Overload LED: +21 dBu
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.5 dB 20 Hz to 40 kHz
- Signal to Noise: 110 dB
- Power Requirements: 3.5 Watts - VPR Alliance Compliant
- Unit Size: 1.5" x 5.25" x 7"
- Unit Weight: 1.8 lbs.