API525 500-Series Compressor
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
There's no integrated circuits in the signal path of the all-discrete, vintage-reissue API 525 500-Series compressor, and when you engage the effect on your vocals, bass, lead, or any mono source, you'll immediately hear the results. Pulled straight from API's original 525 design from the 1970s, the new reissue of this classic design takes all the features from the original and brings them up to modern specifications, boasting an ultra-low noise floor and the reliability and long life that API products are known for.
The 525's innovative Ceiling control adjusts the compressor's parameters without affecting the input or output levels, encouraging the in-the-moment creative decision-making that characterized the all-analog recording days of yesteryear. While the fixed attack time may seemed limited, it's optimized to grab hold of the fastest peaks, which means the apparent loudness of pretty much any source can be meaningfully increased. Add in the 525's true bypass and dedicated de-essing feature and you've got quite a powerful mono compressor on your hands, equally at home in the tracking, mixdown, or mastering stage.
- 500-series vintage-style feedback mono compressor
- Fully discrete circuitry brings the legendary API sound to your 500-series chassis
- Intuitive ceiling control adjusts compressor parameters without changing the levels
- Analog VU meter for a clear readout
- Switchable de-esser
- True hard-wired bypass
- Connector: API 500 Edge Connector - VPR Alliance Compliant
- Input Impedance: 60K Ohms, Balanced
- Output Impedance: 75 Ohms, Transformer coupled, Balanced
- Maximum Input Level: +27 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +28 dBu
- Attack Time: 15 micro seconds
- Release Time: 0.1, 0.5, 2.0, 2.5 seconds
- Slopes: Compression 2:1, Limit 20:1
- Maximum Gain Reduction: 25 dB
- Metering: Illuminated Analog Gain Reduction dB meter
- Frequency Response: ±0.5 dB from 20 Hz to 40 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 112 dB
- Power Consumption: 3 Watts - VPR Alliance Compliant
- Unit Size: 1.5" X 5.25" X 7"
- Unit Weight: 1.8 lbs.