API2500+ Stereo Bus Compressor
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The 2500+ Stereo Bus Compressor is a powerful dynamics managment tool for sculpting the sound of your mix with a signature clarity and punch that's made API one of the most sought-after manufacturers of professional studio equipment. Building on the legacy of their legendary 2500 Compressor, the 2500+ expands the variable threshold from -20 to +20dBu and adds the Mix/Blend control from API's limited run, 50th anniversary edition of the 2500. The powerful Mix/Blend circuit offers either parallel compression, in which the dry level is fixed while the compressed level is variable; or a crossfade mode, in which the relative levels of the compressed and uncompressed signal can be mixed in any proportion, with more of one decreasing the level of the other.
Like its predecessor, the 2500+ brings back API's storied Thrust circuit for a massive, punchy bottom end, with three selectable settings for a variety of frequency-dependent side chain responses. Three adjustable Knee settings determine the compressor's response above the threshold for everything from subtle to extreme compression effects. A continuously variable channel link setting from 0-100% determines the interdependence of the control voltage sent to each channel's VCA, faciliating a variety of stereo imaging effects, as well as dual mono compression on two completely uncorrelated signals when link is set to 0%.
For even more customization, the 2500+ offers either the "old" feed-back compression from the classic API 525 channel strip compressor, or a new feed-forward compression setting, which when considered in the context of an already immensely deep dynamics processor, means you are basically getting two unique stereo compressors in the space of one rack unit. When you want your dynamics to hit hard—and to hit hard in more ways that can possibly be named—look to the 2500+ Stereo Bus Compressor.
- Stereo bus compressor
- Mix or blend control for either parallel compression or crossfaded, dry/wet levels
- API 2520 Op Amps and fully balanced I/O for peerless signal tranfer
- Three knees of variable hardnesses
- Variable channel link for stereo or dual mono operation
- Feed-back and Feed-forward compression, selectable via switch
- Manaul or auto-makeup gain
- True hard-wired bypass
- API-exclusive five-year parts warranty
- Rear Connectors: 2 x XLR input, 1/4" side chain, 2 x XLR output
- Maximum Output Level: +32dB
- Frequency Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 50kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 120dB
- Power Consumption: 28.8 Watts
- Size: 19" X 1.75" X 10.5" deep
- Weight: 9.4 lbs.