AKGC414 XLS Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Low Prices
AKG C414 XLS
Bring legendary sonic character into your mic collection with the C414 XLS from AKG, a modern incarnation of an iconic large-diaphragm condenser microphone design. This version of the C414 offers nine different polar patterns, shifting between omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hyper cardioid, and figure eight, with intermediate patterns in between. This makes the 414 an ideal choice for almost any sound source in almost any recording environment: use two as drum overheads or to capture a room in stereo, or use it to mic up pianos, vocals, acoustic instruments, and much more.
Around back of the microphone, engineers will find controls offering several selections of pad attenuation up to -18dB, and a high-pass filter up to 160 Hz to remove any interfering bass frequencies. Together, these features make the 414 capable of handling a surprisingly high dB range (up to 140dB max) and frequency range...and of course, the overall flat frequency response guarantees that your sound is clean, clear, and honest. The C414 has long been a staple for recording vocals, acoustic instruments, and more, and frankly, every studio should have one—or more.
C414 XLS Features
- Large diaphragm condenser microphone
- Based on the renowned C414 B-ULS from 1971
- Versatile response makes it a great choice for nearly any instrument
- Nine polar patterns
- Adjustable pad at 0, -6, -12, and -18dB
- Adjustable low-cut filter at 0, 40, 80, and 160 Hz
- Microphone type: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Omni / Wide Cardioid / Cardioid / Hypercardioid / Figure 8
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Max SPL: 140dB
- Dimensions: 6.29 x 1.96"