AkaiMPC X Workstation
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Akai MPC X
The Akai X is a brand new MPC workstation boasting a 10.1” touch screen, 16 velocity-and-pressure-sensitive pads, and 16 gigabytes of internal memory. There are also two USB slots that can be used for connecting MIDI controllers, enabling users to produce tracks far away from the computer.
The X is powered via Akai’s MPC 2.0 software. The program runs natively in standalone mode and functions in tandem with the X’s 16 touch-sensitive pots, which can be used to automate Q-Link parameters.
The unit builds on the MPC’s already stellar reputation an an intuitive beat-spitting juggernaut. It sports 10 gigabytes of preinstalled sounds, including samples from sound design companies such as CR2 Records, Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, and Akai. Additionally, for those who want to transfer samples without a computer, the X contains a 2.5” SATA drive connector for additional storage, provided the user first installs a fixed hard drive (either SSD or HHD; sold separately). What’s more, users can also add sounds via the unit’s SD card slot or USB thumb drive. The X even allows for direct recording at all of the previously mentioned storage locations.
For those who do not realize that the MPC X was designed to be the most powerful standalone music production tool on the market, get a load of this: it also features onboard CV/Gate outputs and RCA phono inputs with a corresponding RIAA preamp. The former enables the unit to control modular synthesizer gear, while the latter allows for quick and dirty turntable sampling. Combined, all of these features attest to the fact that the Akai MPC X will enable previously unexpressed methods of sonic creation in any studio.
MPC X Features
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- 10.1” full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
- Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analog control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
- Dimensions: 87.3mm x 504.5mm x 424.4mm (3.4" x 19.9" x 16.7")
- Windows 8.1 or newer or Mac OS X 10.10.5 or newer for controller mode