After Later AudioMonsoon Texture Synthesizer
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
After Later Audio Monsoon
Monsoon by After Later Audio is a variation of Mutable Instruments' Clouds texture synthesizer module, with a few choice extras to boot. Many of the original knobs have been replaced with sliders, allowing this to be a slightly more compact form factor at 12hp. You also get independent CV inputs and knobs for adjusting the 4 Blend modes found on the original. The button that originally switched between the different blend modes now switches between input monitoring and a visual display of these blend parameters, which is helpful if you have modulation going into them.
Monsoon arrives to you loaded with the Parasites alternate firmware, which adds two new modes and adjusts the behavior of some other core functions. If you long-press Freeze, the grains now get seeded in reverse, Density has a changed curve so you can easily get very slow grains, Size now lets you get smaller grains, the reverb is also applied to the input, and a host of other changes can be found on the Parasites page. Two new modes, MI Reverb and Resonator have been added which can turn this module into a dedicated reverb or into a polyphonic Karplus-Strong voice. If you missed your chance for an original Clouds or are looking to save a little space, the Monsoon from After Lab Audio is a great option.
- Mutable Instruments Clouds clone
- Loaded with Parasites firmware which adds new features
- 6 Modes: granular (original), pitch shift/time stretch, looping delay, spectral madness, MI reverb, and resonator
- Independent control over the 4 blends modes: wet/dry, pan, feedback, and reverb
- LEDS display input levels or 4 blend levels
- Sliders replace knobs for position, density, size and texture
- Eurorack module
- Width: 12hp
- Depth: TBD
- Current draw: 120mA @ +12V, 10mA @ -12V