ADDAC SystemADDAC403 VC Time Signature Clock Sources
- No Hassle
ADDAC System ADDAC403
The ADDAC403 VC Time Signature Clock Sources acts as a primary source of synced and syncopated clock signals within your Eurorack system. It all starts with an incredibly stable master clock with a BPM range between 0.1 to 250BPM. It has manual control and tap tempo, and external sync with soft or hard sync modes. Soft sync sets a new BPM but does not sync to the input clock, while hard sets a new BPM and syncs to the input clock. The time signature X/Y section features both beats per bar and beat unit controls. The beats per bar has an adjustable range from 1-16. The beat unit sets the note value from whole notes to 32nd notes. The four outputs associated with the X/Y trigger at every beat, bar, odd beat, and even beat. Pause the entire module in its tracks, or reset the primary or phasing clocks.
The phasing clock runs in two modes: Tempo, which runs at a slower/faster BPM that phases in and out of time with the master clock, or Offset, in which the phasing clock runs at the same BPM but is delayed/offset from the main clock for steady syncopation. The divider features a primary control that sets the division and a selection between linear (2, 3, 4, 5...) or exponential (2, 4, 8, 16…) divisions. The tuplet section generates triplets, quintuplets, septuplets, or ninlets with adjustable length or span of any number of beats between one and 16. Trigger and mute provide four ways to automate the tuplet section. The Trigger control triggers or resets the tuplet, while mute mutes the tuplet either from a gate on or gate off.
Swing delay delays one beat at every X number of beats, with delay setting the fraction of one beat. The delay runs in either sync or free modes. Sync divides the beat between 1-16, while free divides from 0–64. The swing delay, along with the phasing clock, are excellent sources of syncopation. The ADDAC403 includes a save slot that retains the preset through power cycles. Check settings visually using the show/menu button. This displays everything from BPM to tuplet ratios with an easy to read four-character/seven-segment display. This incredibly complex clock source provides a plethora of related clocks to keep everything in your system in time.
- Fully voltage controllable clock source
- X/Y time signature with beats/bar and bars control
- Phasing clock that moves in and out of time
- Tuplets generator with triplets, quintuplets, septuplets, or ninlets with adjustable length
- Divider with linear or exponential scaling
- BPM ranges from 0.1 to 250BPM
- Swing delay adds skips every X number of beats
- Menu system shows visual representation of parameters with a four-character/seven-segment display
- Pause and reset inputs
- Hard or soft sync inputs and tap tempo
- All parameters feature CV/trigger inputs except BPM and menu
- Eurorack module
- Width: 16hp
- Depth: 40mm
- Current draw: 140mA @ +12V, 40mA @ -12V