4MS Listen Four Quarters Mixer / Output
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
4MS Listen Four Quarters
4ms's Listen Four Quarters is a four-channel stereo mixer for Eurorack systems, ideal for use as an end-of-chain mixer and final output for integrating with external gear. The Key difference between the Listen Four and Listen Four Quarters is that the latter features 1/4" outputs, as well as some niceties regarding use as a final system output.Like its sibling the Listen Four, the Listen Four Quarters offers four channels of input: two mono-input channels, and two stereo-input channels. The mono-in channels offer panning and level controls, while the stereo input channels offer only the level control, but provide normalization between the left and right channels for mono-to-stereo "upmixing." The headphone outputs and main outputs each offer independent level controls, making it possible to monitor in phones while keeping the main output silent.
The 1/4" outputs may be configured one of two ways: Stereo TRS in which the left output jack produces both the left and right unbalanced output signals on a single cable, and Balanced, in which the left and right channels carry their own signals. Despite its name, "Balanced" mode may be used safely with both TRS and TS cables.
The Listen series mixers can be chained together behind the scenes to create larger setups for more complex mixing/submixing scenarios. In this case, the Listen Four Quarters is a sensible candidate for the last module in the chain, acting as a final output for interfacing with an external interface or mixer. The 4ms WAV Recorder can be connected behind the scenes in the same fashion, making it quick and easy to capture pristine stereo recordings of the entire system.
Listen Four Quarters Features
- Four-channel Eurorack stereo mixer and final output
- 1/4" outputs for easy connection to external mixers, interfaces, etc.
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- Two mono channels with panning and level controls
- Two stereo channels with dedicated level controls
- Dedicated control for main output level
- Can be chained together with multiple Listen Fours
- Can be normalized to inputs of WAV Recorder module for quick and easy recording
- Stereo TRS/Balanced switch for selecting stereo output via single TRS cable or stereo output via two independent cables, respectively
- Eurorack module
- Width: 12hp
- Depth: 29mm
- Current draw: 290mA @ +12V, 101mA @ -12V maximum