ASM Hydrasynth Synthesizer (Keyboard)
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Ashun Sound Machines Hydrasynth
Hydrasynth is the debut eight-voice polyphonic wave morphing synthesizer from Ashun Sound Machines, offering three oscillators per voice and an extremely open ended modulation system. The powerful sound of the instrument is achieved through Analog Modeling and Wavescan synthesis, as well as unique Mutators feature. Hundreds of waveforms can be seamlessly morphed into one another, warped, and mutated resulting in rich, evolving sounds even before entering the filter stage. Speaking of filters, the synth contains two: a classic state-variable 12dB/octave, and a multimode filter with twelve original algorithms, including vocal formant modeling. There are five LFOs with a one-shot mode, and five DAHDSR loopable envelopes with an option to tie each segment to a multiple or division of the BPM value.
The control section of the synthesizer is represented by the four-octave keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch, pitch bend, modwheel, and a large-size assignable ribbon controller. Additionally, there are eight Macro knobs and buttons that can be programmed to control groups of various parameters. The section is complete with a complex arpeggiator.
Hydrasynth has CV/Gate inputs for easy integration with modular synthesizers and other analog instruments. Flexible Mod Matrix with 32 routes per patch introduces an opportunity for extremely complex modulation setups. A comprehensive Randomization system allows you to randomize individual modules in the synth, as well as whole patches. The effects section is equipped with five Delay types, four Reverb types, as well as Chorus, Flanger, Rotary, Phaser, Lo-Fi, Tremolo, EQ, and Compressor.
- Eight-voice polyphonic wave scanning synthesizer
- Keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch
- Large ribbon controller for expressive performance control
- OLED displays for waveform visualization and patch editing/performance display
- Endless encoders with LED rings to indicate current parameter values
- Complex arpeggiator with extensive control options
- Eight assignable Macro controls per patch
- Extensive modulation matrix with up to 32 paths
- Three oscillators per voice with 219 selectable waveforms
- Oscillators 1 and 2 offer Wave Scanning between user-definable wave lists
- Four Mutators per voice, allowing FM, several flavors of PWM, Harmonic scanning, Sync, and more
- Open-ended ring modulator and noise section
- Two filters per voice, with parallel or series configurations
- Filter 1 offers 12 distinct types, including LPG and Formant filters
- Filter 2: classic state-variable 12dB/octave morphing filter
- Five looping DAHDSR envelopes with option for relating segment duration to current BPM
- Five complex LFOs
- Integrated delay, reverb, and various modulation effects
- CV & Gate I/O for easy integration into modular synth workflows
- Global & per module randomization and initialization always accessible straight on the front panel
- Easy access to each module's internal parameters via dedicated Module Select buttons
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru & MIDI via USB-B
- CV/Gate: I/O at standard selectable Eurorack levels via 3.5mm jacks
- Headphones: 1/4" and 3.5mm
- Outputs: Stereo 1/4"
- Sustain: 1/4" input
- Expression: assignable 1/4" input
- PSU: 12VDC, included
It offers full polyphonic aftertouch, a large ribbon controller, and an intense arpeggiator with randomness and ratcheting built in. And of course, the modulation section is formidable: five complex envelopes, five complex LFOs, CV/Gate I/O and a 32-path modulation matrix make it possible to create everything from classic key sounds to evolving generative soundscapes.
Deckard's Dream Expander adds ring modulation, chorus, tremolo, delay and reverb to the Deckard's Dream, or anything else you plug into it.
Each Hydrasynth voice also features four Mutators (or Mutants)...processes that enable classic effects like FM, sync, and PWM. The Mutators take each of these techniques into far deeper territory than typically possible, however, often transforming these familiar tricks into something entirely new.
Even without touching the filters or effects, the Hydrasynth is an incredibly powerful instrument.
Both versions of the Hydrasynth have CV ins and outs which can be used to control or sync eurorack gear to the Hydrasynth. The CV inputs are even audio rate so you can run external sounds into the Hydrasynth with them.