Make NoiseMaths Function Generator
- No Hassle
Make Noise Maths
Make Noise Maths is a Control Voltage Generator and Processor indebted to the classic designs of Don Buchla in his Model 257 and Model 281 function generators. The design of Buchla's envelopes allowed them to easily switch between cycling and triggered envelopes, providing LFOs as well, and at high enough speeds, Oscillators. This design was then appropriated for the Serge Dual Universal Slope Generator, which is an apt name as it can basically create any kind of rising and falling voltage. Maths continues in this great tradition of versatile and function-packed modules.
Maths can be used for VC Envelope Generators, VC LFOs, VC Slew Generators, a strange type of filter/VCA, a polarizer/attenuator, a VC clock divider, and a VCO. It can easily translate digital information (clocks and triggers) into analog information (sloped waveforms and continous shifting voltages), and vice versa (with trigger "End" outs for both function generators). The wave shapes can be changed from Logarithmic to Linear to Exponential with a control knob, which also affects their frequency range and timbre. Two cycle buttons easily convert the functions from triggered or gated envelopes to looping LFOs.
Two utility polarizers are also present to process CV and/or Audio. When nothing is patched into the Polarizer input, it outputs a static voltage based on the level of the knob. 12 O'clock would be 0V, and would increase or decrease depending on which way the knob is turned. When something is patched in, the polarizers work as attenuverters. This means it will turn down bi-polar signals until they invert, or it turns down a unipolar signal until it crosses the X axis and goes negative.
A synthesizer that consists exclusively of Make Noise Maths would technically be a fully functional synthesizer, complete with oscillators, envelopes, esoteric VCA's and filters, LFOs with Audio mixing capabilities. The Maths is an essential synthesizer module for any style of synthesis.
Make Noise Maths Features
- Analog Computer Module Designed for Musical Control Voltage Manipulation and Generation
- Voltage Controlled Envelope or LFO as slow as 25 minutes and as fast as 1khz
- Apply Lag, Slew or Portamento to control voltages
- Change the depth of modulation and modulate backwards
- Combine up to 4 control signals to create more complex modulations
- Musical Events such as Ramping up or Down in Tempo, on command
- Initiating Musical events upon sensing motion in the system
- Musical note division and/or Flam
- Perfect for modulating the DPO and just about anything else
Downloads: Make Noise Maths Manual
- Eurorack Module
- 20 HP Width
- 24mm Depth
- Current Draw: 60mA @ +12V, 50mA @ -12V