ASMHydrasynth Deluxe Bi-Timbral Synthesizer
- No Hassle
ASM Hydrasynth Deluxe
The Hydrasynth Deluxe is the flagship synthesizer from Ashun Sound Machines, offering 16 voices of bi-timbrality that further expands upon the already expansive Hydrasynth engine. Housing two identical Hydrasynth engines, this one-of-a-kind wave-morphing synthesizer is loaded with sonic sculpting and performance features that go beyond the typical scope. Between its incredible factory preset library and extensive sound design capabilities, anyone can approach the Hydrasynth Deluxe and make magic happen.
At the core of any Hydrasynth are two customizable wave-morphing oscillators and one standard oscillator, with each able to load up one of 219 different waveforms. ASM provides a unique take on synthesis techniques in the form of their Mutants, adding texture and sonic interest to any patch, whether it be in the form of FM, PWM, Sync, or ASM-exclusives like phaze differentials. Additionally, plenty of noise types and customizable ring modulation aid in expanding your synthesis vocabulary.
The oscillators are then routed through two filters, with the first offering 16 different models, while the second is a continuous multimode design. After the amplitude section, the effects section offers independent delay and reverb with multiple options and flavors, as well as separate pre-fx and post-fx sections to provide chorus, distortion, and so much more.
ASM provides an impressive amount of modulation capability with five envelopes and five LFOs, instantly accessible via the matrix on the front panel. The envelopes have a total of six stages, with flexibility over curvature, sync to tempo, and trigger source. While the LFOs provide all of the familiar wave shapes, it's the 64-step sequencer option that puts full customizability into your hands. Very few things can't be modulated, so the possibilities for shaping can feel truly endless.
To tie all this together, the performance capabilities provided are quite stupendous. The onboard arpeggiator gives you control over time division, gate size, swing, and even some more niche options like ratcheting and chance. Along with the provided pitchbend and modulation touchstrips, the Hydrasynth Deluxe accepts MPE messages and provides polyphonic aftertouch, a rarity even in the modern synthesizer market. These features provide variety and individuality to each voice you play, while the eight macro knobs make it easy for large sweeps and changes over multiple parameters. And to top it off, MIDI In/Out/Thru and multiple CV ins and outs allow for the perfect integration in any studio or live setup.
All of these amazing features go even further with the KeySplit and Dual voice modes, allowing you to perform two different Hydrasynth patches, each with eight independent voices. Color-indication helps you determine whether you're working on either patch or both at the same time, and making changes to an instance of two patches doesn't affect the original patches they're pulled from. Creating layered or key-split patches is easy and highly flexible with control over how each patch fades in with pitch and/or velocity. Both of these patches can either tunnel out the main/"upper" stereo output or be recorded and/or processed separately with the additional "lower" stereo output. Effects, mixers, or additional synthesizers can be set up on top of the Hydrasynth Deluxe with the included utility shelf.
The Hydrasynth Deluxe is the perfect addition for any keyboard player looking to develop complex patches or sound designer looking for an all in one performance setup.
Hydrasynth Deluxe Features
- Bi-timbral 16-voice wave-morphing synthesizer
- 73 full-sized keys with polyphonic aftertouch
- Large ribbon controller for expressive performance control
- OLED displays for waveform visualization and patch editing/performance display
- Endless encoders with LED rings to indicate current parameter values
- Complex arpeggiator with extensive control options
- Eight assignable Macro controls per patch
- Extensive modulation matrix with up to 32 paths
- Three oscillators per voice with 219 selectable waveforms
- Oscillators 1 and 2 offer Wave Scanning between user-definable wave lists
- Four mutators per voice, allowing FM, several flavors of PWM, Harmonic scanning, Sync, and more
- Open-ended ring modulator and noise section
- Two filters per voice, with parallel or series configurations
- Filter 1 offers tons of distinct types, including LPG and Formant filters
- Filter 2: classic state-variable 12dB/octave morphing filter
- Five looping DAHDSR envelopes with option for relating segment duration to current BPM
- Five complex LFOs
- Integrated delay, reverb, and various modulation effects
- CV & Gate outs for easy integration into modular synth workflows
- Global & per module randomization and initialization always accessible straight on the front panel, with several intelligent randomization features
- Easy access to each module's internal parameters via dedicated Module Select buttons
- Utility shelf to place additional pedals, mixers, or synths on your Hydrasynth
- Outputs: 4x 1/4"
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru & MIDI via USB-B
- CV/Gate: I/O at standard selectable Eurorack levels via 3.5mm jacks
- Headphones: 1/4" and 3.5mm
- Sustain: 1/4" input
- Expression: assignable 1/4" input
- 12V DC PSU included
Most of these tips can be applied to any version of the Hydrasynth, meaning that regardless of your preferred flavor of Hydrasynth, you can be sure you've got one of the most capable sound engines around.