Universal AudioVOLT 176 USB-C Audio Interface
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Universal Audio VOLT 176
Volt 176 by Universal Audio is a one-input, two-output USB-C audio interface from their Volt series that offers high-quality sound through stellar components, replicating some of UA's most renowned studio gear at a fraction of the price. Starting with the input section, Volt 176 offers a combo XLR/TRS input that's great for tracking your synths, guitars, vocals, and more. The two most notable features on Volt 176 are its switchable Vintage preamp mode and onboard 76 compressor. Vintage offers a tube-emulation of UA's classic 610 tube preamp, enlivening your recordings with rich tonal qualities. The 76 button engages all-new analog circuitry that is based on UA's powerful 1176 Limiting Amplifier, adding clarity and punch while taming any sound you send through it. Take advantage of monitoring your signal with the studio-quality headphone output, capable of latency-free direct monitoring.
The build quality presents a mix of modern and retro with a rugged metal enclosure and stylistic wood sides—sturdy enough for general use in the studio, or recording on the go. For traveling, you can power Volt 176 via bus power from your laptop, or grab an additional PSU and set it up with your iPhone or iPad for an even more compact experience. Make your recordings and mixes pop with the included software bundle, offering products from Ableton, Softube, Celemony, and many more. Whether you're starting out in audio production or looking for a great signal chain from the get-go, UA's Volt176 is a great way to capture and color any signal you throw at it.
VOLT 176 Features
- 1x2 USB-C audio interface
- Tube-emulated vintage mic preamp mode
- Built-in compressor with an all-new analog circuit based on the UA 1176
- One combo XLR/TRS 1/4" input, suited for mic, line, and instrument levels
- Two balanced 1/4" outputs
- Headphone output
- Direct monitoring
- Compatible with Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
- Software bundle includes products from Ableton, Softube, Celemony and more
- Includes 30-day trial for UAD Spark, providing native versions of beloved UAD plugins without the need for dedicated DSP hardware!
- Class compliant
- AD/DA: 24-bit/192kHz
- 1x XLR/TRS 1/4" combo input
- 2x TRS 1/4" balanced outputs
- 1x 1/4" headphone output
- USB-C connection (USB-C to USB-A cable included)
- 48V phantom power
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Dimensions: 8.09" x 7.15" x 4.17"
- Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and 5VDC power required mobile use (except iPad Pro with USB-C)