Solid State LogicSSL 12 USB Audio Interface
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Solid State Logic SSL 12 USB Audio Interface
Solid State Logic is known for creating exceptional recording equipment and with their new SSL 12, a 12-in 4-out USB audio interface, they combine performance and affordability beautifully. With four built-in audio inputs using SSL-designed mic preamps, each channel also offers a 4k switch that adds a bit of 4000-series console color to your track. And because the first two channels also feature Hi-Z inputs, the SSL 12 can make any instrument sound great. Expand your inputs using the ADAT for up to 8 extra channels.
Four audio outputs let you test different pairs of studio monitors or use outputs 3 & 4 for connecting to external hardware with an operating level of +24dBu. All four outputs are DC-coupled, too, so you can easily interface with modular equipment using software. The two headphone outputs are designed to work with any set and can be adjusted to work with high impedance cans or repurpose the headphone outs to be an extra pair of un/balanced outputs. If you need versatility and sound quality that is at home in a small studio or in a gig-bag, the 12 from Solid State Logic is the audio interface for you.
SSL 12 Features
- USB-C Bus powered audio interface
- 4 Hardware inputs with 4000-series console emulation
- Support for 8 additional inputs via ADAT
- 4 Dedicated outputs
- 2 Headphone outputs that can be repurposed as additional outs
- 2 Sets of Hi-Z instrument inputs for tracks 1 and 2
- MIDI I/O
- Power: USB-C bus powered
- Dimensions: 286.75mm x 154.94mm x 58.65mm / 11 x 6 x 2.3 in
- Weight: 1.4kg, 3lbs
- Converters: 192kHz / 32-bit
- Mic Amp Gain: 62 dB
- Mic Amp EIN (A-weighted): 130.5 dBu
- Line Inputs Max Level: +24 dBu
- Line Outputs Max Level: +24 dBu
- Instrument Input Max Level: +14 dBu
- Monitor/Line Outputs Dynamic Range: > 120 dB
- Headphones Output Dynamic Range: 112 dB
We take a look at some of our favorite options for beginners and more advanced users
In this tutorial video, Luke.A, SSL Product Specialist gives you an overview of SSL 12's hardware and software features, and how to get started.
In this tutorial video, Luke.A, SSL Product Specialist, gives you an overview of the software mixer control powering the SSL 12 from SSL 360° software.
Featuring 12-in/8-out in a USB bus powered design, SSL 12 presents a professional feature set, workflow and performance never seen before in a portable interface.