NeumannTLM 170R Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (Matte Black)
- Low Prices
Neumann TLM 170R
The TLM 170R by Neumann is a large-diaphragm condenser that is perhaps as close to perfection as a microphone can get. It was the first Neumann microphone that used FET 100 technology, and a transformerless output stage that ensured extremely low self-noise, powerful bass, the capacity to handle extremely high SPLs without distorting (up to 154 dB with the -10 dB pad switch on), and overall sonic clarity. TLM 170R features a dual-diaphragm capsule design that provides excellent response to transients, as well as well-balanced frequency response.
There are five frequency-neutral polar patterns to choose from that can accommodate any recording situation, and in the sixth position of the switch, the selection of the pickup patterns can be controlled remotely via an optional N248 PSU. The convenient 100 Hz low-cut switch is a very useful addition for alleviating unnecessary low-frequency rumble. The versatility of the TLM 170R makes it a great choice for a wide spectrum of recording applications—anything from vocals, and spoken word all the way up to full orchestra.
TLM 170R Features
- Selectable polar patterns: omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8
- Remote selection of pickup patterns via optional N248 PSU
- Pad settings: -10 dB
- Low cut settings:100 Hz
- Dual diaphragm condenser capsule
- Excellent response to transients
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Dynamic range: 154 dB (with preattenuation)
- Requires phantom power (+48V)