WinterbloomSol USB MIDI to CV converter (White)
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
While on the surface it may appear to just be a simple USB MIDI to CV converter, Sol from Winterbloom is a powerful and customizable platform for CV and gate generation. Four assignable 16-bit CV outputs provide an output range of -5V to +8V, while the four assignable gate/trigger outputs send +5V signals. By default, the CV is mapped to note, velocity, mod wheel, and pressure, while the gates are mapped to note gate, note trig, MIDI clock, and MIDI play.
However, Sol is the first module to implement CircuitPython, allowing you to customize the outputs' behavior. Alternative firmware includes slew generator, envelope generator, LFOs, and random note outputs. However, the customization doesn't stop there; CircuitPython offers almost limitless customization possibilities, limited only by your imagination and coding skills. Not only does Sol provide comprehensive USB MIDI conversion, but the reprogrammable nature of the design also allows it to fit many niches.
- Reprogrammable USB MIDI to CV converter
- Four channels of 16-bit -5V to +8V CV outputs
- Four gate/trigger outputs
- 100% open-source hardware and software
- Library of alternative firmware includes envelope generator, LFOs, and random voltage source
- Eurorack module
- Width: 8hp
- Depth: 35mm
- Current draw: 38mA @ +12V, 6mA @ -12V