Studio ElectronicsSTE 16 Dual Digital LFO
Studio Electronics STE 16
The Studio Electronics STE 16 is a dual digital LFO for use in Eurorack modular synthesizer systems. It features sixteen different waveshapes and a hi/lo switch that selects between LFO and audio rate modes.
The STE 16 also features a unique One Shot mode, where the LFO essentially becomes a dual envelope sans sustain. Since the length of the envelope depends on the speed of the LFO, this mode is capable of triggering single portions of the wavelength that are great for achieving percussive sounds and shorter envelopes.
Cross-modulation between LFOs is possible via the module’s modulation bus. A dedicated toggle switch alternates between frequency modulation, mix amount, and amplitude modulation. In FM mode, the secnd LFO modulates the frequency of the first, while the mix control governs the overall modulation amount. AM functions in much the same way, expect that the second LFO modulates the volume of the first. Finally, mix mode offers blending controls between each LFO, with the MX output serving as the modulated output.
STE 16 Features
- Speed Control - decides frequency of the LFOs
- One Shot mode plays a single LFO waveform, triggered by reset input.
- Hi/Lo range switch, 6kHz at the top range, and a 3 minute oscillation at its lowest range.
- 16 different waveforms for both LFOs
- FM and AM modulation from LFO 2 on LFO 1
- MX output has the mixed signals of LFO 1 and 2
- CV inputs for frequency control
- Reset input
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 10HP
- Depth: 36mm
- Current Draw: 150mA@+12V, 35mA@-12V